Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gonig bankrupt?
So, I'm having the problem of not being able to make a successful car? all that i make sell like 0-5 a month, and i always go bankrupt, anybody mind helping me out?
We'd need more information really. At least what cities you are selling, what body style, at what price...
1.03 build has different vehicle types being popular in different regions of the world.
So for example if you're selling Microcars in the USA or Pickup Trucks in Germany you're going to run into low sales numbers...

1.04 You'll be able to view the demand for vehicle types in a region. Also the popularity of a vehicle type will change based on marketing/availability/etc.

That being said, MrX_ua is correct, we need some more details, maybe a save game. Smile
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
(05-21-2013, 06:31 AM)MrX_ua Wrote: We'd need more information really. At least what cities you are selling, what body style, at what price...

Paris and london.
Microcar at around $500-600 with probably making like $200 profit. maybe?
It is doable in easy, the harder levels aren't completely balanced yet, but once you get the hang of the game you can do the same there. In 1.03 the AI is weak so you don't have to worry too much about them. Marketing is VERY important in 1.04, but to survive in 1.03 this is what you need to do for a Paris microcar company:

Designed Chassis/Engine/GearBox, kept cost under $100 per unit.
Finish Research
Designed MicroCar for under $350
Finished Research
Assigned 2 MicroCars to production line
Set MicroCar for sale in Paris for $600
Sales: 56 Expenses: $24,419, Revenue: $33,600
Did this for 6 months, Opened a Branch in London:
Set Microcar for sales at $700
Increased Production by 2 more lines
All my sales are going to Paris according to my sales book... (Next build you'll be able to check reports for demand)
Increase production more, factory maxed out, build new factory in Lyons,
Sales: Paris: 121, London: 19, Revenue $85,900 Expenses:$70,588
New Factory Complete, Increase production by 2 more lines...
Still selling out, increase 2 more lines...
Sales Paris: 124; London: 152; Revenues: $180,800 Expenses: $167,143

At this point I can slowly expand, I have 6 more lines left in my new factory. Open branches in cities with 500,000 population and higher in France and UK. Make sure your production is near the amount of demand. (You can check overproduction in this build in the world map screen under Factory: View Factory.)

Remember at this point it's 1902, sales won't be spectacular outside of big cities. There is no need to expand rapidly. It's best to wait it out when possible, and don't forget, WWI is right around the corner!

Save game is included.
If you want detailed analysis of your saved games you can upload them on here. They're located in My Documents/VENT/GearCity/SavedGame

Attached Files
.zip   drutt7.zip (Size: 121.01 KB / Downloads: 489)
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski