Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AI Parameters - what's the -1 equivalent to?
I think I'm getting to a more or less "playable" state in the next version of my Europe mod/map, and tonight I was looking at the AIs.  There are a lot of knobs to tweak, and there are pretty good descriptions at https://wiki.gearcity.info/doku.php?id=m...s:aieditor .

But by default, almost all of them are set to -1, such as all the funds, credit, skills, design, image, and behavior settings.

Is -1 equivalent to Medium finances/Average skills and design/Neutral image, Generic Manufacturer, and Average aggression?  Or does it behave differently?

Is it safe to set just a few AI to non-negative-one values?  Or will having one of them have values set but not others throw things off?

One of the things that I think could be a lot of fun is having manufacturers have different specializations, and this seems like the way to do it.  Mainly I just want to make sure I know what the defaults mean before changing them.
The wiki page is outdated. I will address it after I finish the Game Mechanics section of the wiki.

At some point between 1.24 and 2.0.0.0, I added the ability to generate random values for AI. The game will randomly generate values for variables with the -1 flag value. You may set them to positive values, but if you want the game to generate random values, change them to -1.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Oh, interesting! I'm glad I asked since I hadn't guessed that! I'll be tuning those knobs to make some of my AI companies non-random then! Thanks!