Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Racing preview
So for the last week or so I've been working on the Racing System. Originally I wanted this system to be like Grand Prix Manager by Microprose, but this sort of system would be to large in scope. Way too much work and would pretty much be a game of its own. So i've designed something a little more simple...

Please note, the GUI is a bit unfinished and don't mind the names/stats, the racing system is not 100% finished.

Comments, Feedback: http://www.ventdev.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=408

[Image: rs1t.png]

Racing in GearCity is based around supplying teams. Some series you are able to supply engines, in others, vehicles, and in some you'll be limited to just fundings. As of now, I'm not sure if we're going to require you to hire engineers or if we're going to include this in your racing budgets.

[Image: rs2t.png]
[Image: rs3t.png]

In GC we simulate both race results and points and display them under results so you can see how well your team is doing. Image values will go up based on your record. So be sure to win as many races and championships as you can. Smile

Anyhoo racing needs a little more clean up, and then I'll get cracking on the bugs in our bugs list. All of this should be good to go for our next patch.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski