Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GearCity Open Beta 1.03
We're pleased to announce GearCity Open Beta 1.03.

You can find it under patches here: www.gearcity.info/beta.html

Open Beta 1.03 Change log
--------------------------

Bug Fixes:
-Clicking Expenditures from the sales log crashes when you are designing an engine.
-Dealerships not increasing.
-IPO assets too low.
-Marketing effect on vehicles too low.
-Racing Expense not showing up.
-Component unit cost not adjusting properly for years.
-Nurfed Unit cost degrading
-Boosted factory quality on Hard and Medium.
-Astro logo crash

Features:
-The amount of dealerships you serve in an area now effects buying population.
-Marketing now effects buying population in area.
-Image system reimplemented. (Although it is not visible yet)
-Image system now effects buyer's rating. The higher your overall image the better your cars will sell.
-Sub Images now effect buyer's rating. If you sale sports cars, you'll want higher Racing Image, etc.
-Vehicle Type popularity is now broken down into continents. (Microcars are not popular in North America for instance)
-Vehicle Type now effects vehicle unit cost.
-Sell off Marque to investors. This is located in the stock market page. Spin offs will be a new AI company. This system might get a slider in the future.
-Auto Hiring. The game will automagically hire employees for you. This is on by default and can be turned off using the calculator menu.
-Auto Wage Adjustments. The game will automagically set wages for you. This is on by default and can be turned off using the calculator menu.

Current Issues
---------------------
Anything left unfixed on the bugs forum.
AI is pretty weak in this build as it doesn't take advantage of the new features. This will be addressed in the next build.

Open Beta 1.04 should include: Dynamic vehicle popularity, Market Reports, Quarterly Reports, Annual Reports, Production Reports, a bunch of AI fixes, and anything else I can touch on before the important 1.05.

Thanks again, and have fun!

Please Comment here: http://www.ventdev.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=425
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski