Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[$25,000] #247 | GUI Redesign: Office | Requires: #245
Price: $25,000

Description: There are two bounty groups for GUI Redesign. One that does it all in one bounty, and this group. In this group, we will break down GUI redesign into parts.

This bounty replaces the UI in the Office room and End Turn DYK window. We'll use the new ImGUI library to redesign and replace the UI functionality in the Fiance room. 

The goal is to streamline the UX by using GUI widgets unavailable to us in the old UI system. We'll also update and modernize the UI theme.

We may contract additional help for UX and UI theming.

Requirements: #245

Required By: None

Concerns: Running two UI libraries simultaneously could prove problematic as the functionality and aesthetics may not be the same. Also, there is a chance that running two UI libs simultaneously can cause bugs and other issues.

Long term players may not like the new UI designs. Although, some things (multi-column list boxes) should move us in a better direction.

Eric's Opinion: The biggest complaint about the game is the UI. This bounty fixes a big part of that.

Links: It doesn't happen unless you contribute!
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski