Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[$1000] #240 | Vehicle Size Rating
Price: $1000

Description: This bounty adds a "Size" rating to the game. Some vehicle types have a "size" preference. For example, microcars should be small. One of the major flaws in the game is when the player uses a truck chassis on a microcar, resulting in a vehicle that is as large as a full-sized sedan.

The size rating will serve as a penalty against this sort of action. Vehicle types will have an ideal size rating range, and deviating from that range will lower the buyer rating.

Bounty #111 obsolete's this bounty. #111 would be the proper fix to this issue. Instead of penalizing the player's buyer rating, we would reclassify the vehicle.

Requirements: None

Required By: None

Concerns: In the real world, size only matters within the classification of vehicle types. The bug is the misclassification of a vehicle type. This bounty is a hackish solution to change player behavior, not fix the issue.

Eric's Opinion: Penalizing the buyer rating isn't realistic. A sedan-sized microcar just wouldn't be a microcar. Sure, it wouldn't appeal to microcar buyers, but it could and would appeal to sedan buyers. To that effect, I think bounty #111 is a better option to fix this issue.

Links: It doesn't happen unless you contribute!
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski