Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My 10mil by 1910....

Hey guys! Figured I'd share a little of what I've managed to achieve so far. Not on my 1st try at all and listening to Erics advice a lot.. so - here is what I was doing to get 10Mil in 1st 10 years....

So - 1st thing I consider is the location. This is where Eric's advice was most important. You have to be able to combine effective manufacturing yet keeping it relatevly cheap and have a good sales platform with low transportation costs. I use Paris as a starting city, and Bordeaux as a manufacturing platform (more aboit it later).

1st car .. Mine was a Sedan that costs 944 per unit. From the 1st month of sale I've offered it in Paris, Bordeaux, London, Berlin and several othger cities arround me. I started selling it at $2500 but soon lowered to $2000. As of 1910 I am still selling it (along with another Sedan) for $1500..

But I want to have a broader range, so in 1902 I design a Landaulet, and 1905 a Touring car (this one already uses a new set of components). And 1906 - a new Sedan hits the market with the same new set of components. The two newest cars I still sell at $2500

And here are my sales number for 3/1/1910. This has been more or less consistant over the years. Notice that both Sedans are still selling. Not sure if I should have removed the old one to lower internal competition, but whatever - it makes me cash Smile

Since it's impossible to describe all the actions anyway - I'll stop here for now, but if you have any quiestions - DO ask - I will be glad to answer, if I can of course, if not - we'll tourment Eric!!

PS - forgot about Bordeaux factory - I start building my 2nd factory about the same time as I put my 2nd car in research. Close enough to make sure I can use it when the 2nd car is coocked.. This time it's a 9 production lines factory, and in general I use all of my Paris prod. lines, and 50-100% of Bordeaux lines. I also monitor reserves monthly, and cancel production lines or add new as needed
There is going to be some changes to the buying system after I finish the racing stuff and clean up the bugs on the bug report page. When the buying system is updated the age of a design will start affecting sales a little more quickly.

Also I'll be adding in cost fluctuation due to mass production and It seems there is a bug in the car price inflation thingy. Unless your cars are using old parts, designs in the 1910s should be cheaper than designs in 1900...
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Good report Wink

I'm also getting very good number in my last game (and I haven't found, so far, after 5 hours of playing, important bugs...), maybe I'll show some information too Smile