Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[FIXED]Discontinued Model bug
First off, I want to say how much I really enjoy playing this game! I've spent countless hours trying different methods, and I finally have a profitable company!

There is one issue that I only just noticed though. After discontinuing a model from the R&D office, I keep getting memos about understaffed production lines for that model. Granted, this did NOT happen when I discontinued an earlier model, so it might have something to do with the order in which I went about discontinuing it (can't remember exactly). Either way, if a model is discontinued, it shouldn't show up in the HR department or memos. Although it might have something to do with the fact that there are still leftover "reserves" in inventory. If that's the case, there should be a way to get rid of them (maybe scrap them entirely if no one wants to buy them)?

Great work so far! biggrin

-Brian

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.zip   log-gamefile.zip (Size: 449.04 KB / Downloads: 370)
Did you remove the production line from the factory that used to make that model? Judging by your H&R it is still at the factory
Thanks for the encouraging words Slim Jim.

If it's discontinued it should be removed automagically from HR. I'll be looking into this after I finish the Racing Team setup AI i'm working on.

You can scrap your reserves on the world map, under "factories" "view details" if I'm not mistaken. When I finish the "All in One Controller", it'll be less hidden. Smile
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
(04-11-2013, 08:00 AM)MrX_ua Wrote: Did you remove the production line from the factory that used to make that model? Judging by your H&R it is still at the factory

I don't remember doing that the first time. I think I just discontinued it from the R&D room and that was that. Is there another way to remove the production line that I'm just not seeing?

Quote:Thanks for the encouraging words Slim Jim.

If it's discontinued it should be removed automagically from HR. I'll be looking into this after I finish the Racing Team setup AI i'm working on.

You can scrap your reserves on the world map, under "factories" "view details" if I'm not mistaken. When I finish the "All in One Controller", it'll be less hidden.

Aha!!! That's got it! Don't know how I missed that. Tongue Although that's gotten rid of the leftovers... I still haven't figured out how to remove the discontinued model from the factory window or eliminate the memo.

For instance, clicking on "view details" the C4 model is still there. However, if I click on "production" it's not there. (screenshot) I appreciate the quick feedback! It's not really a "game breaking" bug, so I understand it's not a priority. And I can always uncheck "discrepancies" too... LOL

edit: I think I might be getting somewhere! After "retooling" the factory, I was able to fix the discrepancy in the screenshot. Now, whether you click on view details or production, the C4 no longer shows up! However, it's still complaining of understaffed production and showing up in the HR dept. Hope this helps.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Is it me, or does the new close button look really really bad on your computer?
My conversion to .dds really made the GUI ugly. Sad

Don't worry it'll be fixed before the next patch. I'll keep this thread updated when I get to this bug.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
I have fixed this bug, ending production of a model will remove all units from production but it keeps the unit in the branches and marketing. (So you can sell your left overs). IN any event this will prevent them from showing up in the HR and prevent the memo from firing.

If you want to just remove vehicles from the production line and not end the model, you go to the Factory window in the World Map, click "Production", then select a vehicle on the bottom list and hit "Remove."

Using "End Production" in the Design Room will prevent you from rebuilding the same model. SO be careful.