Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[$2000] #188 | Noise Regulations | Requires: #61
Price: $2000

Description: This bounty adds an exhaust noise slider, engine noise specs, and noise regulations.   

With the equipment options bounty, you'll fit additional mufflers, silencers, resonators, etc to try to quiet down your rumbly v12 supercar engines so they can get past regulators.

Requirements: #61

Required By: None

Concerns: Noise regulations exist but will require some research to find out more about them. In the US, I don't believe there is a national regulation for noise, but I know of many states that have regulations against exhaust noise. The industry typically keeps within a reasonable sound level.  I am not sure about the rest of the world.

Using just a single slider for exhaust noise is not much. The equipment options bounty is the best way to bring this gameplay out.

Eric's Opinion: While other regulations often kill the big brutish sounding motors of old, this regulation does exist. In the US, often at the state level. The after-market thrives by helping people get around it. (I know, I used to be in that industry.)  If anything, this bounty will probably future-proofing the game as the industry trends more toward silent EVs. I expect more regulation to come down on ICE exhaust noise in the future.

I have not discounted this bounty. At the time of this writing is the first regulation not to be discounted. So that gives you an idea of the time costs for other regulations.

Links: It doesn't happen unless you contribute!
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski