Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[FIXED]Can't Launch The Game. OGRE ERROR
I've installed and patched the game, but can't launch. I am getting this error.

[Image: vT3BA4q.png]
Check to see if the VideoConfig.xml file is in your My Documents/VENT/GearCity/Settings/ folder.

If it is, please upload your logfile.log located in My Documents/VENT/GearCity/
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
(04-06-2013, 05:07 PM)Eric.B Wrote: Check to see if the VideoConfig.xml file is in your My Documents/VENT/GearCity/Settings/ folder.

If it is, please upload your logfile.log located in My Documents/VENT/GearCity/

I've checked VideoConfig.xml is there but there is no logfile.log anywhere. :/

P.S.: Thanks for quick answer. I've suffered from a close problem at DIRT 3, my OS is Turkish, and my username have some Turkish characters in it. This might cause this problem. :/
Could you please tell me your username and the full file path to the document? for example mine is C:\Documents and Settings\ Administrator\My Documents\VENT\GearCity\

With your username I'll recreate your account on my computer and see if i can fix the problem for the next patch. Smile

We had this problem before with some non-standardized characters. A work around is to create a new profile and play under that for the time being.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
(04-06-2013, 05:15 PM)Eric.B Wrote: Could you please tell me your username and the full file path to the document? for example mine is C:\Documents and Settings\ Administrator\My Documents\VENT\GearCity\

With your username I'll recreate your account on my computer and see if i can fix the problem for the next patch. Smile

We had this problem before with some non-standardized characters. A work around is to create a new profile and play under that for the time being.

C:\Users\Barış\Documents\VENT\Gearcity\

Thanks. Definitely looking forward to release version. Great work though. Even EA didn't fixed my problem with these character problem. They just don't care at all. Thank you so much.
Having gone to school next to EA Tiburon I can say they're practically a content mill. Any bug reports/issues you submit has to go through 6 or 7 layers of bureaucracy before getting in front of a programmer. If it even makes it that far.

Just think if I had an EA game budget...

Anyway, I'll take a look at this after I get racing teams working. Smile
brsozgr - if it's not too hard do try to launch under a different account, at least so you get a chance to play the game, and check if it was the specific char in your username that cause it..
Ok so I did a quick look at this today because I didn't have time to jump into AI programming this morning...

It seems that the installer, and GearCity 1.0 saves everything to Baris instead of Barış. This is why there is no short cuts on your desktop or start menu. (And why the game doesn't launch if you're using something newer than XP) GC 1.0 works fine like this in xp, however, 1.01 does not, because I fixed some special characters issues for another user and that seemed to break yours!

This one might take a few days to fix, and i'm not sure ~if~ I can even fix it because it seems to be a nsis installer issue. But i'll give it a try! Smile

(if you do see a C:\Users\Baris\Documents\VENT\Gearcity\ folder copy and paste the vent folder to your my documents and then it'll work)
Come to think of it, you said the files where there in C:\Users\Baris\Documents\VENT\Gearcity\
So they may have fixed that issue in Newer versions of windows...

Are you running vista, 7, or 8?

Which would mean all of the problems are from my end... maybe...
I've worked on this bug all day. I've gotten everything working with your username up until we actually have to load resources... This may require a major rewrite of some of Ogre's resource loading code. If that is the case we'll have to put this bug on the backburner for a little while while I knock out other issues first.

I'll give one more go at it tonight when I get home from work. If I can't fix it by then it'll have to wait a month or two.