Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UI Feedback & Streamlining
Hey again!

Coming with some clarification, as requested.

Quote:What city are you trying to sell them in? How much does the car cost? Is there any AI in that city?

Zürich as center for production, with a branch in Milano (I think), the car cost 1500, and no competition was showing up as far as I can tell. I guess the costs were too high, but my production costs were around 1000 so I thought that might be a good price (obviously it wasn't).

All that is fine though, and not really the issue I was addressing - I don't think it was a bug or anything either, but my lack of understanding and lack of points of reference in that situation. There are no direct indicators for what would potentially sell and at what price, it's kind of a guessing game going in as a total n00b. As a player of a tycoon game you always want to base your choices on data, and while the data probably was there, I wasn't able to make the needed connections. Any more data showing what may sell, what the market wants and what the competition is selling, etc. would be very helpful. Maybe having something like a market study you can pay for (and takes a month or two to complete), to give new players an anchor, while better players get around that because they can make the necessary connections anyway.

Quote:What do you mean by "autofill all current projects."

As Kubby pointed out correctly, what I meant is an option like it already exists to fill all areas of your company with staff, but automatically at the end of the month before the next turn. I can't think of any situations where you'd want to build facilities and then let them stand empty. Sure, on higher levels of play there will be lots of optimization and fine-tuning going on. For a newcomer to the contract-work (project) oriented approach of yours, that kind of feature would make things easier, as it removes one item from the "must-remember" list.

Quote:May I ask if you're using a laptop trackpad?

I'm on a desktop computer, running standard full HD, gaming mousepad and a good mouse. I thought I did click the crosses the first time whenever that happened, felt like it didn't register. Maybe the hitbox is slightly smaller than the graphic representation?

Cheers!
/Robert

Messages In This Thread
UI Feedback & Streamlining - by Killrob - 03-31-2013, 01:20 PM
RE: UI Feedback & Streamlining - by Eric.B - 03-31-2013, 08:34 PM
RE: UI Feedback & Streamlining - by Kubby - 04-01-2013, 02:54 AM
RE: UI Feedback & Streamlining - by Killrob - 04-01-2013, 11:30 AM
RE: UI Feedback & Streamlining - by Eric.B - 04-01-2013, 01:59 PM
RE: UI Feedback & Streamlining - by lemonhead75 - 12-04-2013, 03:06 PM
RE: UI Feedback & Streamlining - by Eric.B - 12-05-2013, 02:07 PM