Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next steps after selling first car?
My apologies if this is covered somewhere else. To the more experienced players out there, what are some good actions to take after your first car hits the market? I always get to that point in my games and then I don't know where or what to do.
It truly depends on what you want to do. The game is a giant sandbox. If you're just trying to stay in business and become the largest company you can, then generally your next step is to open 2 or 3 more branches in very large cities. Your goal should always be to use all your factory lines. If you can not make enough vehicles, increase prices. Once you have enough money, build a new factory and then open more branches. If it seems like you have extra production lines, you design a new vehicle, and so forth.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Here's another question I've just thought of. What should you do if said first car is being sold right off the assembly line (in another words you're selling as many cars as you're making per month)?
(05-30-2018, 12:44 AM)mungojerry311 Wrote: Here's another question I've just thought of. What should you do if said first car is being sold right off the assembly line (in another words you're selling as many cars as you're making per month)?

Raise the price of your vehicle until the demand is the same as the amount you are producing. Then you will achieve Equilibrium...

https://brilliant.org/wiki/supply-and-demand/

Alternatively you can get a bond for some extra cash. Then build a new factory or upgrade your existing factory to get more production lines.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
Is getting a bond in the early game a risky thing to do in general? It sounds risky to me anyway. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.
(07-12-2018, 04:59 PM)Rogowski Wrote: Is getting a bond in the early game a risky thing to do in general? It sounds risky to me anyway. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Depends on how much money you have and if you can grow. When it comes to bond debt, as long as you can grow enough to get another bond before the old one matures, you should be fine. This is how big companies actually do it. They constantly extend their debts.

I would say if you're playing Hard and Nightmare mode, it's probably a good idea.
Normal mode is maybe depending on what you're trying to do.
Easy mode, you really don't need one.