Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No maps are available in the "new game" dialogue
I am assuming you're using XFS or something similar? If so then most likely the 64bit Inode is the issue. And it will be for any 32bit game/program you use that uses dirent's readdir.

If so there ~might~ be a solution which involves compiling a specific version with 64bit inode offsets. Although this would be unmaintainable and untestable for me. Alternatively you can use an ld_preload to intercept all readdirs and convert them to 64bit https://www.tcm.phy.cam.ac.uk/sw/inodes64.html. Or the easiest solution is to make an etx4 partition somewhere on your system and run your 32bit programs on that.

I may be porting the game over to 64bit at the end of the year for continued OSX support. So the inode64 issues will probably be resolved then.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski

Messages In This Thread
RE: No maps are available in the "new game" dialogue - by Eric.B - 04-29-2018, 04:44 PM