Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Engines are wierd
I increased the strokes' effect on the weight and decreased bore's effect (via engine length and width). I checked against Kent 1.6L, Ford 3.8L V6 and Ford 5.0L V8 to confirm that the bore/stroke/weight ratios are near correct.

As for the rest of the things you posted in your second post. We're way too far into development to make any major changes to development of the sliders. The game is only about 5 minor builds (2 major builds) from being released. You should have posted this stuff a couple years ago Tongue . I can't guarantee any of this will make it into the game. The above deal with the stroke/bore required no coding on my part, just changed 2 numbers, and I noticed an issue there my self as well... Anyhoo, I'll see what I can do.

As for Automation. That's what you get when you spend 8 years and $2 million dollars developing just a car designer while selling a "tycoon" game... We generate much of the same data, using many of the same basic engineering/physics formulas. We just have to abstract a lot of it away due to lack of budget for artwork. You'll find you can match specs for specs with real world consumer car engines inside GC. Yes, the sliders might not be where you think they should be, but it can be done.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski

Messages In This Thread
Engines are wierd - by Unavailableartist - 04-15-2018, 11:05 AM
RE: Engines are wierd - by Eric.B - 04-15-2018, 11:11 AM
RE: Engines are wierd - by Unavailableartist - 04-15-2018, 03:31 PM
RE: Engines are wierd - by Eric.B - 04-15-2018, 04:32 PM
RE: Engines are wierd - by Unavailableartist - 04-15-2018, 04:58 PM
RE: Engines are wierd - by Eric.B - 04-16-2018, 10:49 AM