Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My 15th try (And the best try): Meerkat-Kitty Motor
This is the try that I survived the longest and I think is the best. I play on easy as I'm a complete idiot when it comes to Business Management, even on earlier attempts on easy weren't successful either.

I started my company in Luanda which in 1900 was a Portuguese colony. I designed a complete crapbox, named the Cheapest Ever (I really call it that). The car isn't the cheapest for customer, but it's almost the cheapest car you can make, single cylinder, really rubbish chassis, gearbox that can go forward and backward (I can go even cheaper if I use only forward, but I don't like it, it's not practical).

First, I place my first branch in London and New York, there's a lot of demand for cars there, I sold it for a few hundred dollars at first, but then I gradually raise the price, I found that in London I can sell it at $1,000 and still sell well, but in New York I sell it at $900. I sell it at around 100-130 unit a month for each places. I make quite a lot of profit just selling the damn thing. I tried expanding my company to many other places, Philadelphia, Tokyo, Seoul, L.A. but none smaller market made any profit for me.

But then I think, that's not what anyone would want, selling an overpriced crapbox. So I decided to use the profit to try and find a new market for 'good' car, first, I make a 4x4 sport coupe with V6 engine, I call it the Quattro, but that didn't sell, so I designed a new Touring car, call it an M5, with V12 engine and light chassis it's really goes, but that didn't sell either.

I tried making an advance car every 2-3 years, including a modernize version of the original Cheapest Ever, but all of them were a complete flop. I designed a lot of engines, chassis, gearboxes. A lot of them were technical masterpiece, but none actually sell.

All of the profit I made through times, including the World War I, are made from the Cheapest Ever, I never change the price that much, I always sell it at $1,000 (Which later I raised it in New York as well). The press really love it, they said it's horrible when it came out, and they still say it's horrible now.

I also included the save, it's in 1920 something, which is around the time company is going down, I can't help it, if you can save it, please do tell how you did it!

Attached Files
.zip   Meerkat-Kitty.zip (Size: 507.51 KB / Downloads: 418)
Well that certainly is a bug, the "Cheapest Ever" has a 0 rating. So it shouldn't be moving 378 units... biggrin

That being said, In London alone you could move 89 Monocoque units, and 227 Martin units... Granted the margin isn't as good as your microcar. (But the microcar deal is a bug.)

Luanda was probably a bad pick, since it has low manufacturing capacity and growth. This means you're not able to produce very many units when you built more complex cars. In easy I do give you a really high tech factory, so that makes up for it a little bit. Also Luanda goes through a pretty lenghty civil war but that's in the later years. Likewise with South Africa, who doesn't have a boom until post WW2. You're only able to build 4 Monocoques per production line because the vehicle is too complex for them.

Transportation is hurting you, you're spending about $80k just sending those 300 cheapos to london.

I think your down fall was building complex cars in Africa. The more complex the harder it is to create thus the less you build. The less you build the harder it is to meet demand. Also all your eggs were in one basket. London is a tough nut to crack, lots of companies focused there.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
So that's the reason why the worst car in the world can shifted so well it's the only product that gives me profit. Maybe people like it for the nostalgia purpose. Tongue

Well I'm really bad at management game, it all seems legit lol.

The reason I settled in Luanda was the fact that labour are dirt cheap, I sort of didn't know that complex designs would hurt that badly. And I totally forgot about the transportation, it's just me being cheap arse without actually checking if it's good.
I'm so proud of you, Mr. Roonglukamesri. You took my philosophy and made it successful for 20 years.
Thank you for your support, Mr.Kozak. All of my workers are very proud as well.
Thinking about "the only car that made profit" - think about what people wanted to buy in the beginning of 20th century.. Try to start with that. And as has been mentioned by Eric many times - sell in the cities that could actually affor cars back in 1900-1910s .. dont rely on modern standing of the cities