Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Outsourcing system broke 1.23
During gameplay the outsorcing system broke completely, and it wont come back when i continued to play. Even tried starting a new game but that is broke too. Have verified the game buffer and it tells me it complete. Attached both the new and the old save.

I think it broke when i had the modify component window open and at the same time tried to open the outsorcing window, but I might remember wrong.

.rar   aacc123.rar (Size: 1.1 MB / Downloads: 425)

.rar   ac123.rar (Size: 120.93 KB / Downloads: 381)
Hello again Shepherd!

I looked at both save games, aacc123 is working fine for me. Opening the modify window and the Outsourcing window at the same time is not breaking it. So I would need more indepth details on what you do to duplicate this.

Looking at ac123, it's a new save game in easy mode. No AI data has been generated. If I skip 15 turns, everything is working fine, ditto for the modification system.

Sometimes Steam can break an install with an update and file verification will not fix it. This has been happening pretty frequently recently. If you don't mind trying it, it might fix the issue.

-First, open up the steam folder for gearcity. (Know you know how to do it already, but just in case: http://wiki.gearcity.info/lib/exe/detail...folder.gif )
-Next, return to Steam and Uninstall the game.
-When the game is finished Uninstalling, delete everything that remains in the GearCity folder. Everything, leave nothing behind.
-Reboot the computer, then reinstall the game.

If it happens again, try to remember exactly what you clicked on in the office in detail (So if Modification window, which one? Did you click anything in side of it before clicking Outsource window? Did you use hotkeys? etc.) And send me the log file.

(Once you verified if the above worked, you can reload the save file you uploaded here...)
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
I forgot to ask, if you shut down the game and open up the aacc save game, does it automatically do this or is it working normally again?
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
(12-19-2017, 11:36 PM)Eric.B Wrote: Hello again Shepherd!

I looked at both save games, aacc123 is working fine for me. Opening the modify window and the Outsourcing window at the same time is not breaking it. So I would need more indepth details on what you do to duplicate this.

- I didn't think that was what broke it, but that was what I was doing when i noticed it.

Looking at ac123, it's a new save game in easy mode. No AI data has been generated. If I skip 15 turns,  everything is working fine, ditto for the modification system.

- Even in easy with 300 it normaly generates AI companies in the first turn when Established AI is selected. I normally play around and test new features in Easy mode with: Can be fired, Benefits and Established AI selected. It just takes a couple of game years to reach the point where you can not fail anymore, then I can play around and test different features.

Sometimes Steam can break an install with an update and file verification will not fix it. This has been happening pretty frequently recently. If you don't mind trying it, it might fix the issue.

If it happens again, try to remember exactly what you clicked on in the office in detail (So if Modification window, which one? Did you click anything in side of it before clicking Outsource window? Did you use hotkeys? etc.) And send me the log file.

-I will test a complete wipe and get back, if it happens again i will pay beter attention. This logfile is of little use because I played on with the broke Outsorcing for quite some time hoping it maybe cured itself.

(Once you verified if the above worked, you can reload the save file you uploaded here...)

Need to back up the sites folder too Wink

I forgot to ask, if you shut down the game and open up the aacc save game, does it automatically do this or is it working normally again?

- I have tried restarting the game and the computer many times to no avail. It continues to be broken. Even when I fast forward 6 months on a new save with plenty of AI players generated.
A clean wipe cleared the issue, I will report back if it happens again.