Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crash On Trims
Hi Eric have been playing GearCity for quite some time and am really enjoying it and the way the game gas been progressing. Just joined the forum because I came across a Bug last night and thought I'd let you know. I was in R&D designing a vehicle and went to add a straight piece of trim and the game crashed. Year was Jan 1923 and was designing a sedan. PS have loved auto mfg sims since the old Impressions game "Detroit" that I played in the 90's. You seem to have taken the themes from there and advanced things down so many new paths - it is both interesting and challenging. One other point I though I'd raise is that at Normal level play I don't think the starting $750k in the bank is nearly enough - even if you max Overdraft and bank Loan at the start you basically go broke around half way through R&D the first car vehicle (ie can complete chassis, engine and gearbox and half a vehicle). I find that you need about $2.5m (starting in 1920). Cheers
Hello Daikos,
That wasn’t really the best place to post bugs, so I have created a thread for you. Smile

(12-19-2017, 03:51 AM)Daikos Wrote: Just joined the forum because I came across a Bug last night and thought I'd let you know. I was in R&D designing a vehicle and went to add a straight piece of trim and the game crashed. Year was Jan 1923 and was designing a sedan.
Can you duplicate the crash? If so, please send me the save game. Anytime you crash, please email me the log files (before opening a new game). Sometimes it will have information for me to see where and why it crashed.
Here is directions on how to get both: http://wiki.gearcity.info/doku.php?id=tr...e_log_file

Quote: PS have loved auto mfg sims since the old Impressions game "Detroit" that I played in the 90's. You seem to have taken the themes from there and advanced things down so many new paths - it is both interesting and challenging.
That was the goal. To merge the best of Detroit and Motor City and to expand it.

Quote:One other point I though I'd raise is that at Normal level play I don't think the starting $750k in the bank is nearly enough - even if you max Overdraft and bank Loan at the start you basically go broke around half way through R&D the first car vehicle (ie can complete chassis, engine and gearbox and half a vehicle). I find that you need about $2.5m (starting in 1920). Cheers
Try designing a cheaper vehicle or Outsourcing/Licensing components from AI companies. I can make a Compact Car from scratch for less than the $750,000. Using the assisted designer, without going into debt. There is still have another $300,000-$500,000 I can pull out through bonds, loans, and IPOs. (Just be sure to do this before you run out of money.) Licensing a design or purchasing someone else components would shave off $100,000 or more from development costs as well.

But yes, player funds should scale up a little more in later years. It seems like the game is not properly interpolating the starting funds amount, so this is technically a bug. I will mark it for v1.23SP2.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski