Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Assign contract to city bug [1.22.2 SP1]
When in the "Assign Contracts" window in the mega menu, assigning a city/factory to a contract only works for the first contract in the list.

Parts contracts like gearboxes and engines, which you assign differently, do work, even if they are not first on the list.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Could you upload a save game with this? Or is it on the other save game you uploaded?

You shouldn't be allowed to assign vehicles to a factory from this screen. So that is probably the issue. Parts contracts you can assign to factory from this screen.

Unless we're talking about shipping source location. In which case, you're supposed to be able to change the supplying factory for all types of contracts from this screen.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Yes, that is from the save game I uploaded in the suggestions thread.

I think I phrased that a little inaccurate. What I meant is the "Contract First Source Location", that only works for the first contract in the list.

Do I understand you correctly, in that the Contract First Source Location is binding for ALL contracts, not just the one you set it on?

Since I usually had more than enough capacity in one location, I wanted to use it to assign the contracts to one location so that I could better plan my production. Selecting it for each contract doesn't work, since only the setting for the first contract in the list is remembered, the others wont change and they keep showing "Any city".
From the sales behaviour, that seems the case, since I couldn't reliably figure out where the contracts supply was "missing" from normal sales.

OT Edit: While on the subject of bug reports, I just noticed my forum rank is "Pirvate". I wonder if that's intended. biggrin
(10-15-2017, 08:15 PM)Nullabsolut Wrote: I think I phrased that a little inaccurate. What I meant is the "Contract First Source Location", that only works for the first contract in the list.
Yup, you phrased it incorrectly. We're on the same page now though.

There is an "assign to factory" for components in the same panel. This feature does not work for vehicles since you control the production of vehicles in the factory panel.

Then there is the sourcing system. This tells the contract which factory it should pull vehicles or components from first. That's where the bug is I assume?

Quote:Do I understand you correctly, in that the Contract First Source Location is binding for ALL contracts, not just the one you set it on?
No, it should only effect the selected contract. Since you may want one contract to pull from one location and another contract to pull vehicles from a separate location.

Quote:OT Edit: While on the subject of bug reports, I just noticed my forum rank is "Pirvate". I wonder if that's intended. biggrin
Fixed!
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
(10-16-2017, 08:20 AM)Eric.B Wrote: Then there is the sourcing system. This tells the contract which factory it should pull vehicles or components from first. That's where the bug is I assume?

Correct. It only lets me choose that for the first contract in the list. If I choose a city for one of the other contracts on the list and hit Apply, I don't get the confirmation sound and the selection is not remembered.

Quote:No, it should only effect the selected contract. Since you may want one contract to pull from one location and another contract to pull vehicles from a separate location.

Okay, that is how I expected it to work.
Original issue has been fixed, it'll be in the v1.22.3 update.