Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Auto production, parts modification and sale price adjustment [1.22.2 SP1]
(10-15-2017, 06:40 PM)Eric.B Wrote: The locking of shipping to global will not be changed. The game does not have the processing ability to figure out which factory needs to produce what based on branch shipping distance overlaps.  The current iteration of the Auto-production system spreads out the production lines as evenly as possible throughout all your factories. So if you want to improve your shipping costs, spread your factories out across the global.

As for the next iteration of auto-production, you will be able to limit production at factories based on marques and possibly models. Thus allowing you to shape where the vehicles are made. Shipping will still be global, but that should give you some options to limit global shipping.

That's a shame, but I figured that might be too complex. Thanks for clarifying on how it works though, that should help me dealing with those limitations in the future.

Quote:I will probably be increasing the modification costs soon. That should help alleviate the issue.

Yes, they are way too cheap, too. I can do $400k modifications all day long when I have 10-figure sums in the bank biggrin

Quote:As for using the same components for every vehicle type, many companies are known to do this. GM practically used nearly the same 305 and a 350 engine in every vehicle they made in the 1980-2000s. biggrin

Heheh, that wasn't a complaint on balancing at all, I was delighted to see this strategy work so well in the game. Can't blame the game for rewarding smart play biggrin

Quote:This one probably won't be happening. If i'm not mistaken, you can adjust prices as a percentage in the auto-commands. (Or it may be a ticket or proposal to do that.) You would just set your prices globally, then bounce over to the auto-commands and adjust as a percentage quickly.

Yes, but in the auto-commands, the prices are always adjusted globally. Still no easy way to do district-specific pricing.  I attached a screenshot, where I selected the Africa district, it would be great if the price change could factor in the selected district. That's basically all I need. But maybe that's special needs, who knows biggrin

While on the subject, I noticed that the percentage-wise price adjustment in the auto-commands has some serious rounding errors when compared to the indicated values by the UI. $1000 with indicated 5% increase ended up as $1060, while $1000 with indicated 22% decrease ended up as $771. $1000 with 100% comes out as a correct $2000 though. This might be a little nitpicky and I guess it has to do with slider accuracy, but if you consider this fix-worthy, I can write a bug report.

Quote:The AI needs to improve its business management skills and the used market needs to have more effect. Both of those will increase competition thus making the game harder. Both are planned for v1.22.3.
Thanks for the feedback. I think you'll be happy with v1.23 Smile

I agree, looking forward to the coming releases and trying out the improvements!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Auto production, parts modification and sale price adjustment [1.22.2 SP1] - by Nullabsolut - 10-15-2017, 08:58 PM