Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First suggestion post (whoa!): I think about "AirwaySim" and other...
Finally, I was able to download my copy of "Airline 7"... Smile

... I must say, so far, after the bad experience with "Airpro 7", it seems pretty good (I don't really understand their prices: with a cost per copy of 20-25 euros they would really get more purchases... anyhow...).

It have a strange "mixed" graphics that sometimes quite please the user, sometimes seem to be taken by a 20 years old game...
And the interface could surely be better...
... but the rest is quite interesting! biggrin

You can start selecting a year between 1946 and 2013, and it have good number of medium-large aircraft of each period.

The simulation/options engine seems really strong; in fact, WAY better than "Airways" and "Airline-Empires".
You have a great possibilities of choices and changes, and you can (or, better, you have to) manage every aspects of the company.

It's a sort of "extreme" game: quite difficult, also only to begin with, but with a lot of data, numbers, charts, possibilities...

Really too bad for interface and graphics (and it's also quite slow to simulate) but, for the rest, talking about the "managing/simulating" style, surely the best genre game I have played so far Tongue

I think this could easily be the "range" for your future game (but don't charge 60 $ for a game, please Rolleyes ).

A little note: I have played only two hours so far, maybe I'll discover that the game have some serious issues, I don't know, but, for the moment, it seems ok, and perfect to get "inspiration" Wink
I agree with adding as many airports as possible, but having the ability to add your them in manually will be good. I remember doing this with Airlines 2 a long time ago, a long with changing aircraft names to the real ones.

Oh and thanks Corwin86 for the mini review of Airlines 7, I have always been tempted to buy it but there hasn't been much info around on it and for the price they charge it has always put me off.
No problem, their price still haunt me...

But, I think it's the best (but it's not perfect) that you can now find on the market. Smile

Only, don't be blocked by the bad interface.
Ok, I "ruined" my eyes a little more on "Airline 7". Tongue

Why... why this the interface have to be so "stupid", nasty and difficult to understand?

There is MUCH in this game that is worth of your (mine) time, but two hours of playing (and I work at least 4-5 hours a days in front of a monitor without a problem...) give me headache! Sad

So many airplanes, routes and possibilities...

I confirm my last "judgment", there is much to "take" for a new game here, but for buyers... I don't really know if I can recommend it... confused

And I'm sad, because they have done the MOST difficult part (also the game engine seems ok, the results are correctly calculated, I think) and they had washed-up all with this outrageous graphic...

Really, really too bad Sad
Games like this live and die by gui.
Looking at screenshots the gui looks cheap.
And cheap interfaces are never user friendly.

I haven't tried this game, but I do believe you that this would be its shortcoming.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
(04-04-2013, 07:56 PM)Eric.B Wrote: ...

I haven't tried this game, but I do believe you that this would be its shortcoming.

Sorry, I can write (and speak a bit) of English, but I can't really understand the meaning of this Wink

Can you please put the sentence in another way? Smile
(04-04-2013, 08:30 PM)Corwin86 Wrote:
(04-04-2013, 07:56 PM)Eric.B Wrote: ...

Sorry, I can write (and speak a bit) of English, but I can't really understand the meaning of this Wink

Can you please put the sentence in another way? Smile
Excuse my Italian, it's been a decade since I've taken Spanish so my romance language skills are a bit weak:
Airline 7 no bene, GUI e grafica no bene!
Or something like that.

Generally I said, "I have not tried the game. But I can see why you do not like the game."
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Ok (also for the Italian Tongue ).

In fact, I like only a part of this game: clearly the GUI and the graphics are faulty.

But, for you future project, there is much to view here Smile
Ok, I think "Airline-Empires.com" is one the "silliest" game I ever played...

I tried to do not make any changes, anything, after having just set up a dozen routes, and after two weeks (I haven't even logged in to check)... I have earned 30 (!) millions of $ Tongue

So, this game is SO simple, that even of you don't check the situation and change something, you earn so many money that it's impossible to go bankruptcy!

I really wonder how can someone even play a game like this, that do not "punish" or get into trouble the "careless" users...

I mean, to make more money, you have only to find a "clear" route and assign an airplane, because you can make money with ANY airplane on ANY route... confused

I don't really understand it.
Anyone ever play AIR BUCKS? Now THAT was a really good sim. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_Bucks

Others have tried to copy, the Airline Tycoon series dumbed it down.

Go check it out.