Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[FIXED]New factory construction cost seems irrational
I never seen a factory cost so much cool

I have close my factory in Genoa, to build one in London.

With the actual rating of sales, I have to... sale only 133333 cars! In 1901!

I think it can be a bug biggrin

I will never close my factory again, I promise red face

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I have reported this, so I think Eric knows, on the side note - have you seen labour costs in London? May be cheaper to produce in Genoa and transport to London to sell? )) .. I personally (so far) have only been starting in France (Paris), and by 1903 I build a 2nd factory in Bordeaux since it seems to have a decent balance for distance, costs, infrustructure etc etc.. Also - I never start my 1st car sales with less then 5 branches
I think that is surely a bug Smile

Do you think is it correct to make a factory cost more, if it is far away (but Genoa is not so far away from London...) from you HQ?
I think is correct, with also shipment costs malus to branches, but not with these numbers Wink

For now, I haven't been able to create a "decent" game, but also because I'm trying to test everything well.
Sometimes I forgot that is only a (the first!) BETA...

Also, do you think the cost of the branches is correct? Also at the smallest level?
If I have a car that I sold for 400 $, how is it possible to have a branch that cost 7500 $ at month in a city that it isn't also one of the biggest?
Mmm... I answer myself: is it possible and correct, I think, but I will prefer to have more possibilities to reduce the branches sizes, while temporarily giving up the opportunity to sell more.
There is a bug that sometimes pops up when building a factory... You found it Wink

The branches are probably a little too expensive in easy mode, but not unsurmountable. The key is to dilute the cost of running a branch by selling more vehicles. At a certain price point you're maximizing sales for that particular model. At that point no matter how much you lower the price you're not going to move more units. A person looking to buy a pickup truck isn't going to buy a microcar. So offering more variety will increase the amount of units moved thus lowering the branch cost per unit. (You can view these expenses in the Sales Log in the office.)

Since you're starting in Northern Italy use FIAT as a model, by 1903 they were offering 8 different models. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Fia...since_1899
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
This bug has been fixed. It'll be included in the next patch.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski