Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[???]The save files corruption.
There have been two reports of save game corruption. (Saving a game, file is 0kb in size and will crash the game when you try to load it)

I really need steps on how to reproduce this.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Just had a bizarre issue with a saved game.

I loaded a game - 02/01/1907. I played it for a few gaming months until the game crashed. I restarted the program and tried loading the autosave file in the hope it would be closer to the date I had played until. Unfortunately it wasn't - 12/01/1906. I exited the program. Later in the day I played Gearcity again and loaded the original saved game I mentioned at the being of this post. This time it put me back to the 12/01/1906! It's like the autosave had saved over the top of my chosen saved game!
The autosave saves every 6 months. When you load an auto save it will overwrite the original game file which the auto save was generated from.

I may be adding a more robust save system here in the near future that will allow you to rename the save files as you go.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
Just to make sure we're both on the same page...

I'll call the original saved file of my choosing as mysavefile. The autosave saved over the top of mysavefile. This meant that when I went back to mysavefile, it was no longer on the game date that I had originally saved it on.

I'm not sure if this is what's expected, or if you mean the autosave replaces the previous autosave (which I would expect)..
Yes, that is working how it is expected.

It will probably be changed in the up coming build or the one following it.