Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New Cities: Post here!
If you have a request for a city to be added, you can make your arguments for it here.

Only a handful more cities can be added, we're looking for cities with:
-Population in 1900.
-Automotive history.
-Large Population.
-Distance from other cities in the game.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
I'm surprised not to see Turin (Torino) already in the game oh

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fabbrica_It...ili_Torino

FIAT was founded in Turin in 1899...

Bologna can be an interesting choice, also for 1900...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maserati

Maserati was founded here in 1910...

I find this image very interesting, it show the major auto producer in Europe in 1928.

http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:-_01_e...turers.jpg
I have thought of Turin in the past, the only problem is if i squeeze it in it looks crowded on that part of the map. The solution would be getting rid of Genoa or Milan. Would that be ok?

I haven't thought of Bologna, probably because the population is low.

Looking at that map, it looks like the cities picked were pretty good.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
Genoa was surely (from an historical view) less interesting, but I understand the problem to set Turin near Milan...

Genoa, in any case, can be interesting as a "new history" choice Rolleyes
I miss the City of Mannheim a bit. Carl Benz built his car there, so its a quite important town from a historical point of view.
Turin, Milan and Genoa are the vertices of what is called "Italian industrial triangle" where industrialization takes hold of the Italian economy on a large scale. But Genoa is especially important for its port where to send the goods to the whole Europe more than his actual production.
(03-31-2013, 12:31 PM)pyrlix Wrote: I miss the City of Mannheim a bit. Carl Benz built his car there, so its a quite important town from a historical point of view.

Problem is with Mannheim it's too close to Stuttgart and Frankfurt. Frankfurt isn't very important in automotive history, but it is a major population center and a major financial center if i'm not mistaken.

Quote:Turin, Milan and Genoa are the vertices of what is called "Italian industrial triangle" where industrialization takes hold of the Italian economy on a large scale. But Genoa is especially important for its port where to send the goods to the whole Europe more than his actual production.

So is there a consensus from our Italian users that Turin should replace Genoa?
OK, my question is, why do you need to have a city-based region division? Couldn't that be done with regions?
I originally had things separated into countries (and sub regions for larger nations), but the amount of boarder changes made it fairly unreasonable. I could do 20 or 30 regions, but how fun is that? Tongue

I prefer city based regions. It works very well in Motor City and in many airline business games. In essence however the click-able spots are only cities, the actual data used is more regional. (The buying population inflates and many many more dealerships are created than would be in one city.)

A Hearts of Iron type map would be awesome, but I'd still have a problem with changing boarders. Anyway it's too late now. Any changes in this system would mean a complete rewrite of practically the entire game. So no matter what we're sticking with cities. Smile
For me it's ok to change Turin with Genoa, but I would prefer to have all the two Smile

Hearts of Iron ?!? We surely like the same games Wink
HOI 3 with ICE mod is one the best games I ever played...
But I also think it can be quite difficult to extend such "region" style to this game, I prefer also the cities as market Smile