Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New Cities: Post here!
Well you had mentioned earlier in the thread that you wanted to add cities but they would be too crowded. Just looking for a solution to that.
(03-07-2014, 12:58 PM)shaunisradd Wrote: Well you had mentioned earlier in the thread that you wanted to add cities but they would be too crowded. Just looking for a solution to that.

Thanks for the suggestion, but as I said the world map lacks LOD, so it wouldn't work. I tried it before! Smile

AeroMogul will offer a world map with full LOD, which if I ever get around to making a GC2 (a few years from now) we can just port it over!

But for the time being, I think the world map is going to stay a fixed height.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
(03-07-2014, 02:45 PM)Eric.B Wrote:
(03-07-2014, 12:58 PM)shaunisradd Wrote: Well you had mentioned earlier in the thread that you wanted to add cities but they would be too crowded. Just looking for a solution to that.

Thanks for the suggestion, but as I said the world map lacks LOD, so it wouldn't work. I tried it before! Smile

AeroMogul will offer a world map with full LOD, which if I ever get around to making a GC2 (a few years from now) we can just port it over!

But for the time being, I think the world map is going to stay a fixed height.

Ambition is always a good sign when getting behind a game production company. Good to hear.
What about cardiff? I know it's a small city in a small country but no game ever has any places in wales! Being welsh it would be amazing to start company in ky own city! Also it's close to london and birmingham !
(06-16-2014, 08:14 PM)shadow Wrote: What about cardiff? I know it's a small city in a small country but no game ever has any places in wales! Being welsh it would be amazing to start company in ky own city! Also it's close to london and birmingham !

I feel your pain, none of the cities I've ever lived in is in the game. The problem with Cardiff is that it is too close to London, the dots would interfere with each other.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
Washington D.C. or maybe even Richmond VA.
How about Adelaide, South Australia?

Its had car factories from i think the 1930s. Big history with Holden.
Watch me play Gear City!

Root Negative Gaming on YouTube
(07-20-2014, 07:07 AM)-root Wrote: How about Adelaide, South Australia?

Its had car factories from i think the 1930s. Big history with Holden.

Not just Holden but pretty much every car brand that's ever made cars here.
I think Ford and VW are the only ones that haven't had factories in Adelaide and I'm not even sure about that!

If you go a couple of pages back I suggested Adelaide earlier and from memory I gave a good rundown of who and when for some of the major brands that have produced cars there, though I don't think I came close to covering everyone.
Hello!

I found a few things regarding cities:

It seems, that Shanghai is not existing. I think it should be there, since it is THE metropolis in China today.

Brasilia has only one inhabitant until the 1940s. I don't know if he will be able to reproduce himself alone in the future Smile

There are some issues with cities and countries around WW2. Vienna for example is not participating in the war, as some other east european cities don't. But that is not correct. Also after WWII in Asia some cities (Shenyang, Changchung and Korea) still belong to Japan. This seems incorrect, also.

Brussels has about 3700 USD (or Gear city Dollars) after WWII, while other nations in the area are max around 1000.

I am not sure if the capital of Israel was Amman. On the map it is not, but if I remember well this was in the news at the beginning of the turn (?).

I am still in my first real game and it is great. I have about 10-15 brand in 1946 and made until now maybe 200-300 different models...

Game is great!

Greetings,

Kalle
(01-21-2015, 05:13 PM)kallesito Wrote: Hello!

I found a few things regarding cities:

It seems, that Shanghai is not existing. I think it should be there, since it is THE metropolis in China today.
Ningbo, it's practically the same city. If memory serves me, more manufacturing in Ningbo

Quote:Brasilia has only one inhabitant until the 1940s. I don't know if he will be able to reproduce himself alone in the future Smile
Brasilia wasn't built until 1960. It will probably be removed from the game when I redo the maps.

Quote:There are some issues with cities and countries around WW2. Vienna for example is not participating in the war, as some other east european cities don't. But that is not correct. Also after WWII in Asia some cities (Shenyang, Changchung and Korea) still belong to Japan. This seems incorrect, also.

Brussels has about 3700 USD (or Gear city Dollars) after WWII, while other nations in the area are max around 1000.

This is not the thread for bugs, but I will make a note of it. However make a note, posting bugs in the correct forums makes me fix them faster. It will get lost on here until I redo all the maps.

That being said, Korea was occupied until the division of Korea in 1948.

Quote:I am not sure if the capital of Israel was Amman. On the map it is not, but if I remember well this was in the news at the beginning of the turn (?).

If memory serves me, it was a part of the British Mandate after the fall of the ottomons until Jordan was granted indepencence after WW2. As such the city should be Ottomon-> British Mandate-> Jordan. If it has the Israeli flag, let me know and I'll fix it.

I believe the capital of Israel is Jerusalem, although to avoid politics, we keep this city out of the game and use Israel's second biggest city, Tel Aviv.

Quote:Game is great!

Glad you're enjoying it! Smile