Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New Cities: Post here!
Ningbo and Shanghai are really different. I've been there. The flight takes about 1 hour. Shanghai is a city , which is much richer and maybe the most important car market in China. Ningbo is much poorer and rather an industrial city.

Brasilia. In that case it makes sense to leave it as is.

Korea: Yes, you are right. It was indeed occupied by the US and USSR.

Bugs: Will collect them and open a new thread with city bugs. When will you change the map and cities next time?

Amman/Israel. Flag is ok. Only the message seemed wrong, but I can not cross check it now, since I deleted the message. Have to start a new game for that. Sad
(01-22-2015, 07:05 PM)kallesito Wrote: Ningbo and Shanghai are really different. I've been there. The flight takes about 1 hour. Shanghai is a city , which is much richer and maybe the most important car market in China. Ningbo is much poorer and rather an industrial city.

You said it right there, "Industrial" not even SAIC (Shanghai Automotive Industry Corporation) Shangahi factory is based in Shangahi proper, but in Suzhou. (Which is about 3/4ths the distance of Ningbo is from Shanghai center...)

That being said, they're only across the bay, it's like Oakland and San Fransisco. We already have plans to adjust some Chinese cities in any event. Smile
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
One of the cities I'm missing is Eindhoven in The Netherlands. This is home to DAF and over half of the automotive industry in the country. I know that it's close to Amsterdam and Brussels, but that is the fact for every important city in this part of the world (Netherlands, Belgium, North-East Germany)

Also the size of cities is interesting to me. As there are no countries but cities there is a big difference between countries. For example The Netherlands has a population of about 17 million of which about 5% are residents of Amsterdam. If you compare this to Latvia in which almost 50% of the population is represented in game because they live in the capitol city Riga. This means that I can sell more cars in Latvia then in The Netherlands while The Netherlands has about 9 times higher population (not looking to wealth of the countries). Is it possible to reflect the population of the area to the cities in game. So, Amsterdam represents The Netherland, Riga represents Latvia, San Francisco represents The Bay Area + parts of California (other parts are represented by San Diego and Los Angeles), etc.?

I know that this is doesn't really belong in this thread, but I post it here anyway to let you know. I'm working on a list of bugs/suggestions at the moment and post that when its ready.
(02-18-2015, 04:04 AM)Myquandro Wrote: One of the cities I'm missing is Eindhoven in The Netherlands. This is home to DAF and over half of the automotive industry in the country.
It's too close for our dot style maps. However when the mod tools are implemented you should be able to make dot style maps fairly easily your self. Just punch in the longitude and latitude. And enter the data.

Quote:Also the size of cities is interesting to me. As there are no countries but cities there is a big difference between countries. For example The Netherlands has a population of about 17 million of which about 5% are residents of Amsterdam. If you compare this to Latvia in which almost 50% of the population is represented in game because they live in the capitol city Riga. This means that I can sell more cars in Latvia then in The Netherlands while The Netherlands has about 9 times higher population (not looking to wealth of the countries). Is it possible to reflect the population of the area to the cities in game. So, Amsterdam represents The Netherland, Riga represents Latvia, San Francisco represents The Bay Area + parts of California (other parts are represented by San Diego and Los Angeles), etc.?
There is code inside the game to compensate for this. You typically won't sell as many cars in Riga than in Amsterdam. That being said, it sounds like you'll want to try the territory maps instead of city dot maps once we get map loading system implemented.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
I just wanted to add two more cities. Peoria,Illinois and Honolulu,Hawaii. I have thoroughly enjoyed playing the demo for several months now. It was a challenge to learn the ropes of playing the game. Money is tight but eventually I intend to purchase the full version of the game in the future.
(08-02-2015, 05:00 AM)Weather200 Wrote: I just wanted to add two more cities. Peoria,Illinois and Honolulu,Hawaii. I have thoroughly enjoyed playing the demo for several months now. It was a challenge to learn the ropes of playing the game. Money is tight but eventually I intend to purchase the full version of the game in the future.

I probably won't be adding these cities to the default game map.

However the current plan is to have mod tools which will allow you to easily enter cities by just filling out a few information fields! Smile
Thanks for the reply. May I ask what kind of modding tools that you're planning to make?
(08-02-2015, 11:46 AM)Weather200 Wrote: Thanks for the reply. May I ask what kind of modding tools that you're planning to make?

Various tools to easily edit the game's xml files (which are already moddable, however I think most people's faces will glaze over when they look at hundred thousand lines or so of text.)

And a JPG/PNG to dds converter.