Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highlander Motors
So I thought it'd be fun to play some, being that I rarely get to play my own game. (yea right!!!) So here is my story for Highlander Motors:

To start off GearCity is modeled off the real world. It's not perfect, in fact it does have some flaws, but the early part of the games tends to be historically accurate for the most part. What do I mean by this? Well if you ever look a a map of Car Companies in 1900-1920 you'll see something interesting. Almost all of them are in Eastern Europe and Northern North America. So that's probably where we want to be when starting a company. This doesn't mean you can't run a company out of Djibouti, but it's going to be pretty dang hard if you do! Smile

So for Highlander Motors I picked Glasgow Scotland.

The first thing I did was create my three components. My aim was to make a cheap Rear Engine Phaeton.

After designing everything and designing my car, I opened up three branches throughout england. I don't expect to sell much in Glasgow until later years. The cities to the south will be my focus.

I set up 3 production lines in Glasgow, and set the vehicle for sell at $900 (Roughly $250 more than a Curved-Dash but I had some wiggle room with price since the model only cost $450 + labor.

In London I did things a little differently. Since London has a large amount of people, there should be a large amount of wealthy people there. That means I can raise my prices. I set London to highest priority in shipping, and set the price to $1100.

In the first turn I moved, 84 units. Pretty dang good. However I was still $12,000 short of profitable.

Since I had no vehicles in reserve, I was selling out of them, I added another production line.

By now I am making profits. My car is nearly selling out in London, Birmingham was sucking up any left overs I had, and I didn't have enough models to send to Leeds...

So I needed to expand more. I built a factory in Northern Ireland (Crazy!)
Since I was playing on Normal, I had less money to deal with. By now I was down to $675,084. But month to month I was profitable and in 6 months I could increase production. I believe it's time to design another vehicle.

I chose to use the same chassis and gearbox and to design a new engine. An Inline 3 cylinder producing a whoping 16hp!!! The engine should finish the same time my factory is done...

Before I design the car I'll check out to see what I can contract from the AI just encase there is a better chassis or gearbox I can use.

And at this point I have to save my game and stop playing. Sad

(Pictures coming soon)
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
This "review" gave me some interesting ideas about how to play, thank you Smile

I relly like the fact that the price are "historical", I think I will search for them on the web.