Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Office view zoomed & and selling new gen cars problem (v. 1.22 SP2)
Hi!

I love GearCity, and one thing that I love is the office and how is changing, GREAT, but after 1-2 years even if it seemed weird I ignored the office view. As you can see in the screenshot, my office view is zoomed somehow and I don't know how to fix it.

I really really love the office view and after I saw how its supposed to be I don't wanna play until I have that view.

http://imgur.com/a/sy5M1 - this my office view 

Another problem I am having is that my new and better cars are not selling which I find it weird. I am having this problem in the Touring Class vehicles, Phaeton and Pickup Truck market. I am giving you the Sedan example. I became market leader in the Sedan market during the WW1 as an US producer. My company name is Tesla now Daimler-Tesla because of a merger. So:
  • (Tesla) Krakowia (my first sedan) in 1908 which sold 60.000 between 1908-1913 rank 69 in All Time Sales 
  • (Tesla) Roma (second gen) in 1912 which sold 60.000 between 1912-1914 rank 60 in All Time Sales 
  • (Tesla) Roma B (third gen) in 1914 until NOW 1923 and has sold over 600.000. I still produce 10.000/month even though I wanted to replace it with the fourth gen. (it has a rating of 13, almost the WORST in the market) Rank 5 in All Time Sales
  • (Tesla) Milan (fourth gen) in 1918 until NOW 1923 and I sold 1.038.000 units. I still produce 20.000/month. Rank 2 in All Time Sales (it sells massively even though it has 24 rating)

I wanted to replace the Milan and Roma B because in Europe Venus started producing a better and cheaper product than Milan AND INFINITELY BETTER than Rome B. So I came with (Tesla) Vienna - Specific Rating 49 (best one there is) and Overall Rating 98 (best one there is in the market) but my (Tesla) Vienna barely sells more than 200 a month. Some new cars in the markets I am leading sell 40-50/month even though I am still leader with older and much much crappy cars.

The price is the same everytime. Even more, Roma B is 1.300 because I raise the prices of older cars so I can effectively replace them with the new model. So Roma B 1912 (third gen) was $1.200 (because this was the best price regarding the war-time competition), when Milan 1918 (fourth gen) came it was 1.100 (I lowered the price because of competition) and i raised the price of Roma B to $1.300 so I can get rid of it.

As you can see in the screen-shot my Vienna II (same one, i just changed the target demographic believing this is the problem) is just $1.000 (much cheaper) and has 47 specific rating (the best) and my 2 older gen. cars are outselling this one but my competition has 2 new and better ones and is eating my market share even though I came with a new and better generation. I always came with new cars through the `new generation` button in RnD Dep., so all my Sedan cars are a new generation of the first one, Krakowia.

The same problem is in the Europe market and the same problem is with my new gen Phaeton and my new gen Compact car and my new gen Pickup Truck and my new gen sports car, and my new gen Touring car (these are the markets I am leader and only ones i design and produce, I am expanding in the minivan because the profits are huge atm)

I just want to know if this is a kind of bug or its the new inter-war competition that is hurting my sales. I am investing in marketing, i have a good image, my prices are right. I am overextended right now with almost 50 unused production lines and I find the competition a bit hard in ALL MARKETS. Maybe invest more in marketing ? I am now at 5 million across US and 1 million across EU.

Did someone else had this problem ? I just want to know if its some kind of mistake from me or just a bug.

THANKS!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

So you can ignore the second problem selling new cars. It seems my new models were not selling because of the old ones. I tried once to completely remove the old models but the new ones were still not selling and I didn't had the patience to wait.

So in the Sedan Market i created a brand new model and released with a different marque and removed all the other models. I am now third in the sedan market in US and I think that with a little patience I would become leader once again. Also I started investing almost 10-15 million in marketing and removed all other old gen cars from the market.

The fact is I didn't had these issue when i replaced old gen cars so thats why i thought is a bug. Now even if my profits are much smaller I finally replaced my old gen cars.

I still did not find a solution for my office view, if someone can help me. ctr+ and ctr- doesn't work.
(08-15-2017, 05:07 AM)Jardine Wrote: Hi!

I love GearCity, and one thing that I love is the office and how is changing, GREAT, but after 1-2 years even if it seemed weird I ignored the office view. As you can see in the screenshot, my office view is zoomed somehow and I don't know how to fix it.

I really really love the office view and after I saw how its supposed to be I don't wanna play until I have that view.

http://imgur.com/a/sy5M1 - this my office view

Try changing your resolution from a 4:3 resolution to a wide screen resolution. So if you have it set to 1024x768 change it to something like 1280x720.

(08-15-2017, 09:30 AM)Jardine Wrote: So you can ignore the second problem selling new cars. It seems my new models were not selling because of the old ones. I tried once to completely remove the old models but the new ones were still not selling and I didn't had the patience to wait.

So in the Sedan Market i created a brand new model and released with a different marque and removed all the other models. I am now third in the sedan market in US and I think that with a little patience I would become leader once again. Also I started investing almost 10-15 million in marketing and removed all other old gen cars from the market.

The fact is I didn't had these issue when i replaced old gen cars so thats why i thought is a bug. Now even if my profits are much smaller I finally replaced my old gen cars.

The reason for this is competition. Most likely when you released older models, there was less competition in the game world, thus you didn't notice your models competing against each other.

After a while there is more competition in the world, and your models competing against each other as well, thus reducing individual model sales. If your goal is high individual sales, then you should eliminate competing products, including your own.

As a whole, you will sell more units all together, if you have multiple vehicles of a type, spread across multiple economic demographics. You will probably not be the highest selling model, but you will sell more units all together.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Quote:Try changing your resolution from a 4:3 resolution to a wide screen resolution. So if you have it set to 1024x768 change it to something like 1280x720.

It worked. Great. Thanks!

Quote:The reason for this is competition. Most likely when you released older models, there was less competition in the game world, thus you didn't notice your models competing against each other.

After a while there is more competition in the world, and your models competing against each other as well, thus reducing individual model sales. If your goal is high individual sales, then you should eliminate competing products, including your own.

As a whole, you will sell more units all together, if you have multiple vehicles of a type, spread across multiple economic demographics. You will probably not be the highest selling model, but you will sell more units all together.

I get it. I was after high individual sales because I always produce better and cheaper cars so my profit margins were higher on new gen cars, as in older versions I remember there wore reports showing you your profit margins on a selected car but Im not sure.

Thanks!