Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GearCity will not open!
Hi! I've been having the same problem on my Macbook Pro. Thing is, I bought Gear City over a year ago, and it worked just fine on the very same computer! When I start Gear City, the steam UI window that lets me choose whether to launch the game or the config pops up, and then if I choose to launch the game, the GearCity process starts but doesn't create a window. Steam says that it's running. Looking at it in Activity Monitor, it's using a small, reasonable amount of CPU and memory. The weirdest thing is that occasionally, if I force-quit steam and then relaunch steam, the Gear City start menu will actually pop up! Steam no longer recognizes the game as running, but I can get as far as the new game options screen, and everything works fine until I actually start the game, at which point it promptly crashes.

This is all consistent across the last few builds, and I've tried both stable and testing builds. Rebooting has no effect, and it's been verified and reinstalled many times, to no avail.

Messages In This Thread
GearCity will not open! - by simonchan123 - 08-14-2017, 05:23 AM
RE: GearCity will not open! - by Eric.B - 08-14-2017, 07:36 AM
RE: GearCity will not open! - by pablito - 01-27-2018, 08:16 PM
RE: GearCity will not open! - by Eric.B - 01-28-2018, 12:27 AM