Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1.23 Progress Thread
v1.22.2 SP1 is out. Here's what I've done since the last forum post:

-Bug Fix: War production limitations not being applied to the Factory Production side panel, "Contract Demand" information.
-GUI: GUI now unfocused keyboard when textboxes have focus anytime you click on visible GUI.
-Bug Fix: Fixed incorrect contract information in newspaper when AI companies wins the contract.
-Gameplay: Reduced amount of units a renewal contract will ask for.
-Bug Fix: Fixed amount of units needed in renewal contract window.
-Bug Fix: Fixed bug that was not counting contract revenues in branch distribution side panel "Projected Profits" information.
-Bug Fix: Fixed bug in Wealth Distribution charts for districts that was not counting vehicle price properly.
-Bug Fix: Fixed bug where Non-Manufacturer companies were not using the correct winning contract component/vehicle.
-Bug Fix: Fixed bug where Non-Manufacturer company was ignoring displacement for no winner contract team selection.
-GUI: Added scrap functionality to "Stop Selling" in the Autocommands portion of the Mega Menu. This is in case the player does not have a factory but needs to scrap vehicles.
-GUI: Added Unit Costs side panel checks for Chassis and Gearbox components.
-Gameplay: Added a small morale bonus when furloughed employees are put back to work.
-GUI: Color coded contract lists so you know which contracts you have vehicles/components that meet requirements, and which you don't. No more flipping through dozens of them to find one that works.
-Bug Fix: Fixed Factory Expense report being behind a month.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Time for another progress report:

I've knocked out platform sharing, the core of the Auto Production system, and improved the AI somewhat. I still have a little more to do with the front end of the Auto Production system. Then I will be moving on to a few bugs and minor features. I would say v1.22.3 is about a third of the way done, with all major tickets knocked out.

-Gameplay Implemented Platform Sharing with companies you own more than 50% of or own 50% of you. Works like licensing system, but no royalties and automatic access to all parts/vehicles. You can find it in the Outsourcing portion of RnD.
-Gameplay AI now takes advantage of platform sharing when possible.
-Gameplay Tweaked Munitions production revenues, image, and destruction variables.
-Bug Fix Fixed bug where player was not receiving munitions revenues.
-Gameplay Increase Munitions production costs.
-Gameplay Added a hard cap to auto production system so that it only produces an exact amount of vehicles needed.
-GUI Replaced factory production window with auto production management panel when auto production is enabled.
-Gameplay Added the ability to restrict factory to owner marque when under auto production. Only component contracts and vehicles using the owner's marque will use the factory while auto production is enabled. You can change owner in the "View Details" panel.
-Gameplay Added the ability to restrict factory production to certain models while using the auto production system.
-Gameplay AI will now discontinue vehicles if they are unable to purchase anymore outsourced components.
-Gameplay Generic Manufacturer AI's vehicle type selection is now more random so that some vehicle segments will not remain empty of competition. I may implement something for the AI to check how many cars are in a segment and specifically target it.
-Gameplay AI will now default to munitions production during war.
-Gameplay Improved vehicle pricing so they are able to maintain margins.
-Gameplay Improved AI's close factories and close branch systems so they can save money when needed. (Depressions and wars kill a lot of them.)
-Gameplay Improved AI's fiscal longevity during a game when testing only against AI.

Some more undocumented bug fixes along the way that I forgot to log.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
About to go to bed, so this will be brief.

-Gameplay: Disabled auto production of vehicles being sold under the material cost to manufacture them.
-Bug Fix: Fixed AI adjusting dividend rates that player sets.
-Bug Fix: Fixed bug that caused AI to increase dividend rates too high.
-Gameplay: Implemented a Stock Stripping Lawsuit action memo. If the player increases the dividend of a company to the point where it kills the company, shareholders will launch a class action lawsuit for damages.
-Bug Fix: Fixed munitions revenues, expenses, and other information not showing up in reports.
-Bug Fix: Possibly fixed case where factory subsidiaries can cause a buffer overflow for factory build costs.
-Bug Fix: Fixed possible issues caused by lobbying payments being higher than maximum lobby amount.
-Bug Fix: Fixed bug in calculating the maximum lobbying amount based on the size of your company.
-Gameplay: Increased the maximum lobbying amount. Decreased some effects.
-Bug Fix: Fixed several places where manufacturers could use a larger engine than racing series permits.
-Bug Fix: Fixed several places where manufacturers would use too weak of an engine in racing.
-Bug Fix: Fixed weight issues with engine layouts that have more than 2 cylinder banks.
-Gameplay: New AI companies will be generated if the game world becomes too empty.
-Gameplay: Reduced price's effect on buyer rating by implementing a limit which scales based on the wealth value of the vehicle type.
-GUI: Used vehicle sales now appear in the district and city "Competition" windows and in the Branch Distribution Competition panels.
-Bug Fix: If a outsourced vehicle contract is not renewed, the AI will no longer automatically remove it from the player's branches.
-Bug Fix: Fixed trim/new generation cost exploit. Ending production of a base model under development will now transfer to the development costs to any children models also under development.
-Gameplay: Disabled new trim/new generation of licensed vehicles.
-Gameplay: Changed AI factory build behavior to favor upgrading existing factories more than building newer, smaller factories.
-GUI: Added a Racing and Awards panel to vehicle information in the showroom. This will now show players Racing Wins, Championships, and various awards.
-GUI: Implemented an on demand report for the Racing and Awards panel in the showroom. This report will show more detailed information about the selected vehicle's racing results and awards.
v1.22.3 is finished however I may not be available over the next few days to do hot patches for it. Instead of possibly releasing a breaking bug I have pushed the release date back one week to November 17th. In the meantime, I will do a little more AI tweaking and work on the missing world map data.

v1.23 will come out shortly after v1.22.3, it should not require any save game changes, as I will mostly be focusing rewriting the back end for the tutorial system for the last time.

-Bug Fix: Fixed Problem with the Po to XML translation converter that caused issues with cylinderless engine. (Hopefully our new translation program will render this obsolete.)
-Gameplay: Spinning off a wholly owned subsidiary now gives you the ability to select starting funds.
-Bug Fix: Fixed several issues with the contract factory assignment window that could possibly allow you to assign a bank factory line.
-Bug Fix: Fixed bug in the contract source location drop down that did not allow you to change where a contract was being pulled from.
-Gameplay: Governments can now confiscate your factories during war time. You have the option to sell it to them at a premium or fight them in court.
-Gameplay: You can now select which marque is designing a component. Design skill bonuses from this marque will be applied to the component and the marque will have "ownership" of the component in the event that the marque is spun off.
-GUI: Memos are now color coded from Green to Red based on their importance. This priority rating will also cause the memo window to pop up.
-GUI: Headlines to the memos you have already read are now in white text.
-Gameplay: Memos can now pop up and cause game simulation to pause. You can control the memo "Priority" which causes these popups.
-GUI: Contracts you have bid on are now marked with blue text.
-Gameplay: You can now cancel contract bids (in the same place you bidded on the contract).
-Gameplay: Vehicles that are designed with outsourced components now require fewer employees and produce more vehicles per line.
-Gameplay: Fixed bugs in the manual production amount system. If you enter the number of models you want to build, it will now build that many units.
-Gameplay: You can now name your race teams. If you do not provide a name, the game will use the assigned marque.
-Gameplay: Fuel types can only decline down to 0.5% to prevent completely dead fuel types in the game.
-Gameplay: Added additional cylinder, fuel type, and induction systems restrictions for racing series. These are available for modders, but won't be included in the core game.
-GUI: Moved "Total Transportation Costs" in Monthly report under Distribution costs column.
-Bugfix: Fixed several bugs and issues in the Branch Expenses report.
-Mod Tools: Implemented a "Clear Cache" button in the external settings editor. This program should delete and reset all the files that Steam doesn't delete when you uninstall. (Useful if you change GPUs or OSs too!)
V1.22.3 has been released, was slightly delayed due to some linux build issues and morning unforeseen appointments this morning.

Here is some additional stuff tacked onto this build:
-Mod Tools: Implemented additional Racing Restrictions to Race Editor.
-Maps and Mods: Historical war data and news articles up to 1980 for Base City Map.
I'm working on a Supplemental Patch for v1.22.3. Unless any major issues arise, it should be out around Thursday.

Here is what it will currently include:
-Bugfix: Fixed crash when looking at company stock holdings after the game has made some dynamically generated AI.
-Bugfix: Fixed bug where player did not received licensed engine revenues.
-Bugfix: Fixed bug in auto-production system that did not stop producing contract units.
-Bugfix: Fixed bug in auto-production system where the system would over produce contracted units for 1 turn.
-Bugfix: Fixed bug in Monthly Report that showed double the amount of sales when a vehicle is contracted out.
-Bugfix: Fixed bug in RnD vehicle painter that caused drop downs to not be properly labeled.

I am also working on map data in between bug submissions over this time period. As of this post, I'm almost done with 1982.
Work on v1.23 is just about complete. The Release Candidate should be out Friday for testing build users.
-Bugfix: Fixed crash regression when starting a game in 2020. (To whom ever reported this to me on IRC. You have to report bugs if you expect them to be fixed.)
-Bugfix: Fixed issue with consumers not purchasing vehicles after 2022.
-Bugfix: Fixed bug in racing revenues causing it to increase linearly every year.
-Bugfix: Fixed bug in contract revenues causing it to increase linearly every year.
-Gameplay: Racing and Contract revenues have been decreased based on difficulty level selected.
-Gameplay: Increased AI outsourcing prices.
-GUI: Civilian contract filter no longer shows racing contracts.
-Artwork: Cleaned up Jams and Gaps blending
-Bugfix: Fixed whiteout bug when flipping and mirror grills.
-Gameplay: Rewrote tutorial framework.
-GUI: Implemented Highlighting System for tutorials.
-Content Rewrite of main tutorial. Reduced reading difficulty from 6th grade to 4th grade level without losing content.
-Bugfix: Fixed issue with contract requests' fuel, cylinder, and engine layout restrictions
-Bugfix: Fixed issue with pre-game AI starting up racing teams in early game years.
-Bugfix: Fixed auto-marketing being available and marketing while marketing is turned off.
-Bugfix: Fixed new components memo incorrect year.
-Bugfix: Fixed tutorial highlight blinking speed on Linux
-Gameplay: All Base City Map AI now have "generic manufacturer" flag enabled.
-AI: Increased minimum ratings requirements for AI component selection. This will mean AI producing more components. So just be prepared when you buy them out.
-Maps: Base City Map War Newspaper articles up to 1993.
-Artwork: Added Exhausts, Wipers, and Radio Antennas to car designer.
A week worth of work for SP1, time to start on SP2! Smile

-Bugfix: Fixed possible negative fuel popularity values.
-Bugfix: Fixed platform sharing showing any company that you own stock of or owns stock of you.
-Bugfix: Reduced City Destroyed memo priority if you do not have a factory or branch at that location.
-Gameplay: Added a high priority memo specifically if the city your factory or branch in was destroyed.
-Gameplay: Phase 1 of 4 optimization of turn times with new AI system.
-Bugfix: Fixed a German character appearing in save game year when loading save games in Windows.
-Bugfix: Fixed bug where loans were being paid off early.
-Bugfix: Fixed bug in GUI that showed incorrect coupon rate for bonds.
-Gameplay: Adjusted Bond and Loan interest rates.
-Gameplay: Game will now warn players if they are designing an engine with an unpopular fuel type.
-Gameplay: Game will now warn player if they are designing a car with an engine that uses an unpopular fuel type.
-Gameplay: You can disable the fuel type warning on a per game basis.
-Bugfix: Fixed a bug in District Factory Upgrade which didn't charge enough time or money for an upgrade.
-Gameplay: Increased factory upgrade time requirements per each upgrade.
-Bugfix: Fixed Benefits Rounding Errors in the display.
-Gameplay: Information is now updated after agreeing to benefit changes.
-Gameplay: Changed some charts to only show a maximum amount of data. To reduce chart clutter.
-Gameplay: Moved Line Chart Legends to the side instead of below, thus increasing the amount of area we have to use.
-Bugfix: Fixed missing data in Networth chart. Networth now matches stock report's book value.
-Bugfix: Fixed memos glowing after memo popup.
-Bugfix: Fixed File Cabinet not working after applying changes to in game settings.
-Bugfix: Fixed Auto Wage Margin rounding issues.
-Bugfix: Changed all rounding of floating point numbers to a new system using fmtlib. As such there might be a few errors here and there where there are additional decimals points than needed.
-GUI: Fixed gearbox smoothness text overlap in View panel.
-Bugfix: Fixed production unoptimized memo firing after recondition all, when the player has no factories.
-Bugfix: Fixed missing/unselectable AI text logos for Dynamically generated AI in several lists in the stock system.
-Bugfix: Fixed scientific notation appearing in Annual and Quarterly reports.
-Bugfix: Fixed bug not allowing a loan to be taken out in one save game if a player took out a loan in a different game, and returned to the main menu without ending a turn.
-Bugfix: Fixed bug displaying incorrect IPO information
-Gameplay: Adjusted amount of shares sold during IPO.
-Bugfix: Fixed bug with racing lock on race series that requires vehicles.
-Bugfix: Fixed bug causing lobbying tax savings not to work.
-Bugfix: Fixed bug that could cause incorrect development time to be displayed when designing a trim of a vehicle under development.
-Maps: Base City Map War Newspaper articles up to 1995.
Happy New Year Everyone.

Work continues on SP2. I am trying to take care of everything I can that does not require save game changes. Including features from v1.24 as well any bug submissions issued to me recently. My goal is to get SP2 out by Friday. Anything ticketed for SP2 will then be pushed back into SP3. There is a possibility of a SP4 as well! The more non-save game breaking updates the better, right?

Here is what has been done so far:
-Gameplay: Rename Components from RnD Component Modification window.
-Bugfix: Fixed bug in reports system that caused additional double reporting of contracted vehicles in the vehicle sales revenues and sales figures numbers.
-Bugfix: Fixed issue with AI company's IPO values being extremely high.
-Bugfix: AI selling too many shares at IPO.
-GUI: Component selection system has been merged with the View Window. Thus giving you all the component data in one window when selecting components.
-GUI: Expanded Component List's data. Implemented a way to order the component selection lists.
-Bugfix: Fixed issue causing factory costs to be too high during munitions production.
-Gameplay: Increased Munitions Revenues per line.
-Bugfix: Design Finish dates now show number of months and the finished date.
-GUI: Removed day values from date stamps.
-GUI: Several fixes to bad decimal information due to changes made in SP1.
-Bugfix: Couple of bug fixes historical to data used in the reports due to optimizations made in SP1.
Gameplay: Optimizations to Sales reports and AI factory clean up code. 12% gains over previous code. Approximately 1.5% turn time reduction in a large save game. (Couple more optimizations to come.)

There were probably several more bugs that I fixed but did not document. It's been pretty hectic as tickets are being made as fast as I clear them!