Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
King Cars - A new Start - Extreme difficulty, minor tutorial use
1903:

In 1903 we had a very obscure business model. Due to lack of funding early in the game we decided to build a single lane factory. That was a smart decision and the only possibility back then.

Now, three years later, we do have two successful car models. Our King Cars Coupe I actually can be produced at the same rate as the Phaeton, at 92 cars per month, but it sells for about 1/3 more in price while it costs only about 1/5 more.

We therefore decided to produce each model for one or two month and then change. This is easily possible as most parts of the cars are the same and we can use the same tools.

However, demand for the cars is constant. As we can influence demand only due to market satisfaction and price and we can't increase the satisfaction but in fact had to reduce it, we increased the price. We sell less cars every month this way but our profit margin increases massively.

1903 is also the year our pension fonds got an additional $80.000, making it $100.000 heavy. Instead of issuing new bonds to increase our growth we decided to grow a bit slower and wait for our new parts and vehicle design to arrive. This time we will aim for actual Sedans with above average components. As we lack factory space we slowed down development, being able to develop all three basic parts for - combined - less than $100.000.

The parts turned out actually really well. They will be used in Sedan, Luxury Sedan und Touring.

1904:

With the new factory arriving mid 1904 we decided to upgrade our first two basic designs. To achieve this we sent the basic parts for major overhaul and created a new trim each to utilize the massively upgraded parts. This also decreases the production cost per car due to better engineers and proven and tested parts. With these new parts we went also for the 2+2 Coupe.

Phaeton I 1903:
[Image: j2j99lnj.png]

Coupe I 1903:
[Image: kzgkjinx.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: King Cars - Part II - 1930+ - by Eric.B - 05-30-2017, 07:57 AM
RE: King Cars - A new Start - Extreme difficulty, minor tutorial use - by Curse - 08-09-2018, 04:20 PM