Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changes to military contracts
Sup. Love the game Tongue . Currently have 10 Billion dollars going into WW2 (started on easy).

It seems odd that the military would specify how big and powerful the engine must be in a contract. Here is what I think they should look for and why:
Frame size (I would say vehicle size but that is not measured), because they would want the vehicle to fit in the transports/ on the trains.
Weight, because heavy things get stuck in mud and stuff. 
Cargo capacity, because more stuff per load = more boom time. biggrin
Mileage, because fuel is hard to find on the battlefield.

Just my thoughts on what the military is looking for in a vehicle.
Yup, the contracting system is getting a major overhaul for v1.23. I plan on working a number more stats and make it easier to read.

That being said, power would be needed for applications such as towing or hauling cargo. Which the military does quite often with their trucks. Smile
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
(05-03-2017, 09:26 PM)Eric.B Wrote: Yup, the contracting system is getting a major overhaul for v1.23. I plan on working a number more stats and make it easier to read.

That being said, power would be needed for applications such as towing or hauling cargo. Which the military does quite often with their trucks. Smile

But there already is a towing stat... why not just use that? 
The military would not care if the truck had 10 hp or 100 hp if it can haul their stuff.
(05-04-2017, 03:02 PM)Tenneb Wrote:
(05-03-2017, 09:26 PM)Eric.B Wrote: Yup, the contracting system is getting a major overhaul for v1.23. I plan on working a number more stats and make it easier to read.

But there already is a towing stat... why not just use that? 
The military would not care if the truck had 10 hp or 100 hp if it can haul their stuff.

HP can be a measurement used in many things. Off the top of my head, HP is important in PTO systems, Pumping systems, generator systems, Top Speeds, etc.
Yes, there is towing ratings. But a tractor can tow a lot of stuff, but if it doesn't have high HP (in this case, RPMs) it won't move very fast. Towing is a measurement of torque. HP is a measurement of Torque and Rotation. Rotation is very important for many applications, specially in moving vehicles and auxiliary devices.

In anycase, as mentioned, the contracting system is going to be completely replaced in v1.23. Most likely we'll be using all the ratings/specs for vehicle design.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski