Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Ratings" & "Format" buttons in Design Body & stock values for parts and cars?!
Hey Eric, it's me again...

don't know if this has been suggested before and I'd like to say "Sorry" if so.

Would it be possible to integrate the Ratings and Format buttons into the body designer?

When i'm trying to match contracts numbers (cargo for example) i find myself switching back and forth between the body designer and the actual car designing process (just to gain access to the Ratings button) so i can alter these values by changing the body of the car respectively.

So i won't design a 2200l cargo pickup when there's only 1200l needed and the extra weight cuts down the fuel economy of the car.

---

I'd never really bothered me when i design components and cars yet the first thing i always do is to change the standard 40 value to 0 in the summary so i can get a somewhat cleared up view of what i'm starting with and work from there to what i want it to be.

If you'd consider integrating the buttons into the body designer setting the standard value to 0 rather than 40 might a be good option to view the stock values of the car "as is" and start everything else from there. Or a "Set to 0" Button in the summary maybe?

Thanks for reading and have a good day :cool:
(02-16-2017, 07:07 AM)Cerberus23 Wrote: Would it be possible to integrate the Ratings and Format buttons into the body designer?
Ratings already exists with the body designer. Check the right hand side under the light controls.

Quote:When i'm trying to match contracts numbers (cargo for example)
We're going to be getting some helper tools for the contract designs in v1.23 when I redesign the contracting system.

Quote:If you'd consider integrating the buttons into the body designer setting the standard value to 0 rather than 40 might a be good option to view the stock values of the car "as is" and start everything else from there. Or a "Set to 0" Button in the summary maybe?
I'm trying to penalize setting things to zero as much as possible without breaking the game. So I would rather not encourage it. If anything, when I start to do the final rounds of balancing, I'm going to make anything at 0 hurt even more. That being said, there is a ticket to be able to save past sliders much like car bodies. Since I'm pretty much done with adding sliders to RnD I can do that now. So you could always create a 0 slider preset and use that. So 2 buttons and a list. Instead of 1 button or default.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
(02-16-2017, 08:26 AM)Eric.B Wrote:
(02-16-2017, 07:07 AM)Cerberus23 Wrote: Would it be possible to integrate the Ratings and Format buttons into the body designer?
Ratings already exists with the body designer. Check the right hand side under the light controls.

I almost feel ashamed i haven't noticed it biggrin sorry

(02-16-2017, 08:26 AM)Eric.B Wrote: *snip*

Rest sounds very good!

Thank you