Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ingame sounds mutes my computer [v1.21.2 testing]
Hey Eric,

if have these ingame button sounds activated i can't play any other sounds on my pc (no music, no youtube, etc.). It's not just like muted - the pc is basically not able to play any other sounds and will give corresponding error messages. The moment i close gear city everything's back to normal Smile

What kind of information can i provide to you that might help?
That's weird, have you tried rebooting your computer? I will take a look at the log you uploaded earlier and see if there is anything there.

GC uses a software driver, so there shouldn't be any way for it to gain exclusive use of your sound card.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
A quick glance online shows that other people have had the same issue with OpenAL (our sound lib)

Here is a possible solution:
Go to your speaker icon in your systray, right-click and choose Playback devices. Then click on your default playback device (has a green tick) and click Properties. (If you don't think the default playback device looks right or you have other choices that make sense, try clicking one of them and choosing Set Default and retrying Fez first).

Outside of that, fiddle with the settings with your sound card. Some of the more advance settings may be causing it to break. OR if you have two audio cards, one might be used for GC but the other is being used for Windows...
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Changed my graphic cards inbetween my last and my current game and deactivating the Nvidia High Definition Audio (even though it's meant for HDMI -???-) seems to solve this.

Thanks for the help Eric.