Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Random crashes when entering car designer [v1.21.2 testing]
(02-14-2017, 10:36 AM)Cerberus23 Wrote: Unfortunately it seems like a "soft-version" of this is still hidden somewhere (game crashed three times in a row). However, setting AA to 0 makes it somewhat stable for me (no crashes since then).

You mean it's still crashing in the car designer because of AA? Different issue then.

If you could throw up the log next time it happens, that'll be helpful.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
That's really weird. I'll just post settings and logfile to crashes i receive.

Crash-1 Settings (Picture) & Crash-1 Logfile (attached)

-> Changed FSAA to 0 in the external settings. Designing works again.

Attached Files
.log   Crash-1 Logfile.log (Size: 60.45 KB / Downloads: 350)
I should be pushing a patch tonight that will hopefully fix this issue once and for all. It'd be nice if you could try it with AA enabled.

Thanks
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
Patch has been released, let me know how it goes.
Activated AA and no crashes so far (loaded 2 different saves and started creation of 6 different cars).

Yet I noticed that if you change settings with the external configuration tool, FSAA and Shadow options are sometimes not beeing taken over to the actual game and vice versa.
Let's say i changed FSAA to 8 and shadows to High in the configuration tool. Ingame options say it's FSAA 8 but shadows None. Or FSAA 0 and shadows None.

If you've made these settings ingame, close the game and open up the configurator, sometimes FSAA is blank like you've selected nothing at all and shadows had been reset to None.

Thanks for your work Smile
Yeah the video settings editor still needs a little work. But it's its first roll out and my first QT program, so little bugs are to be expected.

Good to hear it's not crashing, lets hope that's the same for everyone else!