Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Research Scheduling
I'm all about the research planning, and I'm finding the experience frustrating. Here are some suggestions to help me enjoy the game more:

In the pop-out information window from the right of screen, display today's date.

In the pop-out information window from the right of screen, display the cash balance that is always visible in the office (but which the R&D department enjoys ignoring).

Instead of displaying the date that research will complete, display the number of months it will take (so that I can sync it up with other research that should finish at the same time).

Whenever I press the confirm/design button, pop up a 'research pace' dialog so that I can complete a new vehicle tag at a different pace than the original design without needing to remember stuff. (Perhaps control this with a checkbox.)

Oh, and if you could replace the word 'profit' with the word 'cashflow' in the monthly reporting, then you'll be using the word that means what you intend to say. (Building a factory is converting a cash asset into a fixed asset, and it does not reduce profit.)
(12-31-2016, 08:09 PM)BlueOrange Wrote: In the pop-out information window from the right of screen, display today's date.

In the pop-out information window from the right of screen, display the cash balance that is always visible in the office (but which the R&D department enjoys ignoring).

Both of these are already planned for v1.24.

Quote:Instead of displaying the date that research will complete, display the number of months it will take (so that I can sync it up with other research that should finish at the same time).
I believe this has been requested before and is in my notes, but not assigned to a version.

Quote:Whenever I press the confirm/design button, pop up a 'research pace' dialog so that I can complete a new vehicle tag at a different pace than the original design without needing to remember stuff. (Perhaps control this with a checkbox.)
Development Pace is an advance designer feature, we will not be adding any more popups to either the advance designer or assisted designer.

Quote:Oh, and if you could replace the word 'profit' with the word 'cashflow' in the monthly reporting, then you'll be using the word that means what you intend to say. (Building a factory is converting a cash asset into a fixed asset, and it does not reduce profit.)
Depends on how you define profit. Profit in simple terms is just income and expense at a fixed point in time. Including spending money on a factory (even if you own the assists.) You are confusing the generic term "Profit" with something like Gross profit. Yes. We can define this as Cashflow as well. But we're not showing loans in these variables, etc. Considering the majority of the people playing the game are not accountants and the term Profit is still valid, that is the one we use..

By the way, least according to the IRS, you can deduct CAPEX from profits. So according the biggest employer of accountants, we can deduct factory expenses from your revenues and call it profit. Wink.

I believe cashflow is still the terminology used in the quarterlies and annuals. Though I could be wrong, I did redo all the reports recently.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski