Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Branch reconditioning
I've noticed in the mega menu there's a very convenient option to auto recondition branches and another option to simply click one button to recondition everything!

I personally like to expand my branches when I feel they are in need of reconditioning. So I kill two birds with one stone, I expand and at the same time it reconditions the branch. However to do this requires me to go to the map and click on each of my branches to see their current state. Would it be possible to add the branch condition percentage to the branch info on the mega menu? Or could we set the percantage that we'd like to recondition a branch, but instead of it being done automatically, could we receive a memo? In this way I could go directly to that branch and then decide if I want to simply recondition or if I want to expand it as well.

Anyway, I know this only relates to my own playing style, so feel free to tell me to go to hell.
1) It's not really feasible to put the average condition of your branches in the Mega Menu, as some could be 100% where as others are 50% and effecting your sales...
2) There is a report which is accessible everywhere that shows the condition of all your branches.
3) There is already an "Auto-Recondition" tool. Which if set will automatically recondition your factories/branches when they reach a certain percentage of wear.
4) You already get an action memo once the branches/factories reach a certain point of wear.

The branch wear's effect is linear, as is the recondition price. So looking to see individual wear values of each branch and upgrading those specifically isn't really that important because there is really no optimal play style for them. Personally, I just wait until I receive the "Your Branches/Your Factory" are worn out action memos (around 12/1909 and every 10 years after.)
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
1) Sorry, I didn't make myself clear. I don't mean an average, I just mean a way to see the condition of each individual branch that doesn't require me going to the world map, click on a city and then click on branch.
2) Really? Where? I can't find it. Is it a report that shows the condition of each branch? This is exactly what I'm looking for.
3) I know about the auto-recondition tool, but I like to take advantage of upgrading when my branches are in a poor condition and not just recondition, so the tool isn't so useful for me.
4) Ah brilliant! I didn't know about that memo. At what point of wear does that occur?

You say there's no reason to look at the wear of each branch and upgrading those specifically, but what if I only want to expand those cities in which I want to increase my presence? For example, I have 25% sliders on distribution and sales for the branches of Paris and Zurich. Paris is a bigger market, so I want to expand it when the branch is in a poor condition, whilst Zurich I only wish to recondition. Is this just a nonsensical strategy?
(12-29-2016, 09:47 AM)Giacomo Wrote: 1) Sorry, I didn't make myself clear. I don't mean an average, I just mean a way to see the condition of each individual branch that doesn't require me going to the world map, click on a city and then click on branch.
Yes, I know you don't mean average, but it would be inefficient to put anything else other than an average into the Autocommands sections. The Autocommands system isn't designed for displaying details.

Quote:2) Really? Where? I can't find it. Is it a report that shows the condition of each branch? This is exactly what I'm looking for.
Take that back, it was in the old reports system. It was removed from the new reports system due to it being obsolete (thanks to the action memos.) I thought I kept it around in a construction report, but I don't see it.

Quote:4) Ah brilliant! I didn't know about that memo. At what point of wear does that occur?
I believe at 70% for branches, 90% for factories. Roughly 119 turns into the game.

Quote:You say there's no reason to look at the wear of each branch and upgrading those specifically, but what if I only want to expand those cities in which I want to increase my presence? For example, I have 25% sliders on distribution and sales for the branches of Paris and Zurich. Paris is a bigger market, so I want to expand it when the branch is in a poor condition, whilst Zurich I only wish to recondition. Is this just a nonsensical strategy?
Well if you wanted to put that much work/effort into it, upgrading the branches instead of reconditioning them is a fine way to do it. However, if you're not receiving the action memo that your branches are worn, then you're no where near the point in which you need to recondition them. The general rule of the thumb the game goes by is once every 10 years. So if you wanted to do the upgrading thing, stick to doing it every decade. You could even use the districting system to save some time.

As for putting a wear report back into the game, I'm on the fence about it. Most players now either use the action memo or the auto-recondition system. I could make it a ticket for later version stuff around v1.24/v1.25 if it is really a must have.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
No, I guess the wear report is not really that important. Anyway, thanks for responding.