Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GearCity 1.22 Progress Thread
Excellent sounding really good Eric
Hello Eric,

thanks for your updates, looking really good and refreshing to see a dev so engaged with the community playing the game. Apart from a few smaller issues I have had with the game so far I am really enjoying it.

Keep it up!
We'll probably have a SP1 patch on Friday, here is what we've gotten done so far:
-War Events up to 1932 in Base City Map
-Mod Tools City Editor wiki entry
-Fixed Base City Map tax rates for Miami, Dubai, and Naples.
-Fixed bug in merger that causes some shares of merging company to disappear.
-Added an error message and prevented user from being able to buy child marques if they do not have enough money.
-Fixed bug which caused side panel to open below other windows
-Fixed exploit for new generation which can be used to reduce how long a model is made for.
-Fixed bug in Linux build on new distros with libgcrypt2.0 requirements.

Hoping to knock out another 10 tickets or so by Friday... Smile
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Just released v1.22 SP1, I've got a document Saturday and a Map n' Mod Monday coming up, then I'll be working on about 20 tickets for SP2, then v1.22.1 following that...

-Fixed VSync issue on OS X
-Fixed bug in Sales Reports that could cause some reports not to generate.
-RnD Licensing Drop Down Filters now automatically trigger an update of the list.
-Random History News paper articles now cause news paper to glow.
-Fixed bug that caused all newspaper articles to appear if starting the game later than 1900.
-Fixed bug in branch shipping sorting if prices are the same.
-Design skill points now increase or decrease if you buy/merge/or spin off a company.
-Added Revenue amounts to District Sales reports
-Adjusted awards selection, reducing random values and making sure the best overall is selected from the best of class.
-Adjusted auto-recondition frequency down to every 3 years from every year.
-Fixed refit and replace exploit on vehicles already under development by removing vehicles under development from the refit list.
-Fixed bug in modify vehicle list that caused them to only be sorted by model name.
-Moved vehicle body selection and load vehicle body windows to the side.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
(05-20-2017, 10:05 AM)fanta2234 Wrote: Hello Eric,

thanks for your updates, looking really good and refreshing to see a dev so engaged with the community playing the game. Apart from a few smaller issues I have had with the game so far I am really enjoying it.

Keep it up!

Same here Fanta. Thanks for working hard on the updates Eric.
(05-31-2017, 12:41 AM)GradyGer Wrote:
(05-20-2017, 10:05 AM)fanta2234 Wrote: Hello Eric,

Keep it up!

Same here Fanta. Thanks for working hard on the updates Eric.

Thanks for the kind words! Glad you're enjoying the game. Smile
According to my ticketing system SP2 is 38% done. Couple more days and I'll release it to testing. Work on the wiki and Maps while I wait for feedback, release it to default build, and then update the demos... Then work on v1.22.1 begins! Smile

-Fixed Model Comparison crash in the showroom when changing company if the bottom list is empty and top list is not.
-Implemented safety check against negative shipping costs.
-Implemented safety check against incorrect amount of public shares for a company.
-Fixed bug in shipping system that caused incorrect branch infrastructure and gasoline ratings to be used. Thus reducing shipping costs.
-Added an exponential increase to shipping costs of 1.2 based on the distance. (Previous system had linear costs. Now the further away something has to be shipped, the little more it will cost per mile.)
-Increased the amount of Administrative, Marketing, and Branch employees.
-Reactivate discontinued (End Production) vehicles. This includes canceled designs.
-Create new generation or trims of discontinued vehicles.
-Fixed Target Demographic and Gearbox Type help buttons. Rewrote Engine Power help button to be more accurate with changes for v1.22.
-Canceling "Advanced" design of a vehicle or component will close the "Build It" window if it is open.
-Player can now set starting funds when spinning off a Marque.
-Can now set AI Behavior when spinning off Marque.
-Some labels will now rescroll up when text in them have changed. (Did not do this to the contracting system since it is going to be rewritten. May be other places that I need to do this at.)
-Mod Tools, Racing Editor Table sorting
-Mod Tools, Racing Editor ID's are now automatically generated when saving file, to prevent errors.
Down to a couple more tickets. SP2 should be ready to go to Testing build sometime next week. After which I'll probably do 2 days of wiki and 2 days of maps, then release it to Default build if there are no major errors.

-Fixed very rare crash when adjusting the resolution settings in game.
-Improved RnD load time by roughly 10-15%
-Fixed bug that did not allow enabling/disabling tutorials in some rooms.
-Fixed duplicate tutorial text bug.
-Added a "maximum" transport costs to the estimated transport cost system. It now shows minimum and maximum transport costs.
-Fixed bug in minimum transport costs that could possibly not give you the true minimum transport costs.
-Fixed bug in district estimated average transport costs.
-Boosted marketing effect on sales
-Fixed Estimated Customers Chart numbers
-Fixed possible divisions by zero in project profits system.
-Fixed bug in racing selection that did not load the marque being used into the drop down boxes.
-Fixed bug in racing system that did not automatically load the selected engine or vehicle for a racing series you're funding. No more need to select a engine/vehicle to make minor adjustments to your team.
-Fixed bug in racing revenues that gave you income when the racing series was inactive.
-Fixed bug in Racing Expense reports that shows yearly expense instead of per month expense.
-Synced the dates for Racing Expense and the Main report.
-Added Season column to Racing Expense report.
v1.22 SP2 has been released to Testing Build users. If you come across any issues, please report them. Default users will get this update (and any bug fixes between now and then) on Saturday. I will work on the wiki, maps, and any bugs submitted for the next 4 days since I can't press the code ahead until Default build is updated.

-Fixed regression that caused Recondition Action Memos to show when Auto-Recondition is enabled.
-Fixed bug in Stock Report Memo being off set by one month.
-Fixed Issue with Engine Design Requirement Stars.
-Added disclaimer text to Estimated Customers Chart.
-Fixed bug in Networth Charts which did not calculate stocks properly.
-Fixed couple bugs in Stock Holdings reports.
v1.22 SP2 has been released to both Testing and Default users.
I will now move to working on v1.23, which means this thread is now closed, you can find the new thread here: http://www.ventdev.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=3368

For testing users these additional things have made it into today's v1.22 SP2 update:

-Fixed Total Gains column in Stock Holdings report.
-Mod Tools - Fixed bug in Mod Data Export with wrong miscart zips.
-Mod Tools - Fixed several bugs in the DYK Editor
-Tweaked several chassis subcomponent effects.
-Documentation - Added DYK Editor wiki page.
-Maps - War news articles have been added up to 1940. So we now have 1940+WW2 on Base City Map.