Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Several questions
Quote:1. From what you said I get that when I pulled the slider fully towards the quantity and kept it so for two years straight, the quality of my cars dropped so much over time that nobody wanted them anymore?
No quite. There are over 80 different variables when it comes to consumers picking a vehicle. Not to mention outside factors such as what the AI is selling, war, the economy, etc.

At full quantity, you would only lose 0.5 quality points per factory over two years. Not enough to tank your sales. There are other factors that are causing your sales to drop. What the AI is doing? What was the time period? During WW1? During the depression? How old are the components you're using? Etc.

Quote:How to remedy this? By introducing new model or a new generation? Would a new trim help? Also, when I am producing a very cheap car, I need to mass produce it like that to stay competitive.
2. I meant 5.000 units in my post. My sales dropped by so much in a month. Is it because the rating dropped due to mass producing the cars? Competition doesn't have anything that great to justify the difference.
You should be creating a new generation every 5-7 years. Creating new components every 10 years or so. Remember, there are fluctuations in the global economy, so we really need to point out what years this is happening to you in.

Also, at the low end of the spectrum, you're competing against used vehicles as well. Just to keep that in mind.

Quote:3. Can I produce a car as succesful as Model T with all competitors set? They're producing quite good cars too and even if I am the most popular, they surely are too.
Yes you can, As I mentioned before you have to be extremely good and aggressive. You have an 8 year advantage over Mr. Ford as well. But the world sales numbers do support a Ford Model T on Normal mode.

Quote:4. You mentioned minimum speed limits for cars - what are those in 1920, 1930, 1940 and 1950? If you can tell of course.
The base is around 35mph, more for higher performance cars.
Between 1900-1920 it's much lower though.

Quote:5. I noticed that in the 1910s and early 20s I am getting one red star for power with around 20-25 HP. Shouldn't that actually be quite good at the time?

Horse power is not used as the measurement of power. Torque is. So while you might have a moderate horse powered engine, it could be just because it has high RPMs. It's not necessarily powerful.

The power rating is calculated something like this:
(your torque / (100ft/lbs * 1.007^year-1899 * (#number of cylinders / 2.2) ) * 100.

Which means in 1920, to get 100 rating or higher with a 4 cylinder engine, you need 210ft/lbs of torque.

To give a real world example, the 1909 Blitzen-Benz is 200HP @ 1600RPM, inline 4. That's 61 Ft/lbs at peak HP (Note, not peak torque.)

The 1911 Fiat S76 had around 2000ft/lbs of torque at peak rpm's out of their 4-cylinder.

So yes, while 25hp is good in a normal car. You weren't designing it for torque. You designed it for RPMs. Thus the power rating isn't high.

Quote:6. As to the magazine - it's difficult to slide it, I preferred to have it all on one page and then click links to different pages.
Well even the old magazine you had to click to have it go to each page.

I have removed the page flipping stuff, you have all the page links up at the top of the magazine now. It's also been sped up quite a bit.

These changes will come in v1.21 (About 2 weeks.)
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski

Messages In This Thread
Several questions - by Pomeranian - 10-27-2016, 12:26 AM
RE: Several questions - by Eric.B - 10-27-2016, 10:58 AM
RE: Several questions - by Pomeranian - 10-27-2016, 05:24 PM
RE: Several questions - by Eric.B - 10-28-2016, 08:52 AM
RE: Several questions - by Pomeranian - 10-29-2016, 05:12 PM
RE: Several questions - by Eric.B - 10-30-2016, 09:50 AM