Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Random Reports & Newspaper "Crash" [#1.20.4 SP1]
Sometimes the reports and newspaper just break on me. No specific thing seems to cause it, sometimes it's directly after a turn or when i reenter the office from RnD.

I managed to captured a screenshot from the inbetween reloadings of "The report / chart has not been generated yet." thing.

Click me... softly.

Checked the folder which is present but the file is actually missing.

--- postscript ---

I think this might occur when you save your game into a new savefile. The revenuesReport.html is located within the following folders:

Steamapps\common\GearCity\GearCity\Sites\[savegame name]

So when i save the game into a savegame called [whatever] the game fails to respond to the current revenuesReport.html

Hope this helps.

--- /postscript ---

Regards, me.
Which version of windows are you using? Are you running the game in Admin mode?
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Windows 7 and yes, game is running in admin mode.
I went ahead and removed all windows API calls for copying reports since it seems some windows 7 machines are having the same issues as Windows 10 machines.

Changes are in v1.20.5
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski