Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reports & Newspaper UI [#1.20.4 SP1)
Are you playing full screen or windowed? In windowed mode, your window decoration will reduce the vertical resolution size below the threshold needed.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Happens in both modes no matter what resolution i select.
Hey Eric,

sorry for necro'ing this thread. I just wanted to ask if there's any solution to this in sight?

I just did a fresh install of GearCity and it's not working even if i select Fullscreen right from the start.

Thanks for your time.
Upload the logs so I can see what resolution you are running at.

For the full reports window, your vertical resolution of the view port window must be above 1060px. There is no way to reduce this requirement. And there is no way to run the reports window with any other height than a power of 2.

If you want to look at the logs your self, do a "find" (ctrl-f) and type "resY:" (without the quotes). The number following that is what you have in settings, it's what we're asking the operating system to give us. The next bit on that line, "Viewport Height:" is the height in which YOUR operating system/window manager is running the game at. That has nothing to do with GC as I can't force your operating system to provide something it can not.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
resY: 1050 Viewport Height: 1010

If i set the windows taskbar to my second monitor it says:

resY: 1050 Viewport Height: 1050

So i guess my monitor is simply to small for 2017 ^^