Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reports & Newspaper UI [#1.20.4 SP1)
Hey Eric,

i just wondered if it would be possible to make the Reports and Newspaper windows scaleable and saveable as UI.

I like to play your game in non-fullscreen borderless window mode (so i can tab out to my second monitor) but these two windows are always cramped together in this mode while beeing fully expanded in fullscreen mode (where the game minimizes when i tab out).

Visual examples:

Non-Fullscreen Borderless Window I

Non-Fullscreen Borderless Window II

Fullscreen

Also Fullscreen extends the windows a bit too far so you have to press escape to close or go way up to the highest you can possibly reach with your cursor and hope to catch the bar.

Thanks for reading Smile
(10-11-2016, 08:47 AM)Cerberus23 Wrote: Hey Eric,

i just wondered if it would be possible to make the Reports and Newspaper windows scaleable and saveable as UI.

Unfortunately it's not possible. The window has to be a power of 2 on both axis, thus we're stuck with 2,4,8,16,32,64,128,256,512,1024,2048, etc resolution.

So with that in mind, I limited the window to 1024 width, then it should scale height to either 1024 or 512 depending on the height of your render window.

Which leads to your other issues....

What resolution are you running? And what is your monitor's resolution? Thanks. Smile
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Still running 1680x1050 Smile
I've made some adjustments to the code and it should be fixed now.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
Hey Eric,

thanks for the update!

Unfortunately this hasn't changed Smile
Could you upload your videosettings.xml file, it should be in the GearCity/Settings/ folder.
Also a log file.

I think your monitor is scaling the video somehow. As when I run it on 1050 it works properly fine... (Or mine is scaling, but it shouldn't be because my monitor is 2k.)
Hope it's no me beeing dumb again :p

Attached Files
.zip   Data.zip (Size: 6.92 KB / Downloads: 447)
Quote:07:54:23: D3D9 : Created D3D9 Rendering Window 'GearCity' : 1680x1010, 32bpp

Looks like DirectX is scaling down your window to 1680x1010. Most likely because of your window decorations/start bar.

I check the text setting to know which version of the web browser to use. Yours of course says 1050. But you're really running at 1010.

Anyhoo, I added some stuff to the code. v1.21 will be out in a 1-2 weeks. Lemme know if it works then. Smile
I'm going to try to duplicate it on my laptop sometime in the next couple of days. (This isn't an issue on Windows XP64. Tongue )
Let me know if this issue is resolved so I can close the ticket. Smile
(11-11-2016, 04:15 PM)Eric.B Wrote: Let me know if this issue is resolved so I can close the ticket. Smile

Sorry, wasn't playing GearCity so often lately. Took a look at 1.21.2 and this is still present Smile

Regards