Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stock Purchase/Consolidation Merger crash bug
Testing version

Crashed either on incremental stock purchase or when clicking on consolidation merger.

Running on a Mac (with Apple crash log included in Zip file)

Attached Files
.zip   Consolidation merger_stock purchase.zip (Size: 1.54 MB / Downloads: 379)
I wasn't able to duplicate the crash with the save game. The OSX crash log points to the in game reports browser. Are you able to duplicate the crash on the save game? If so you should verify your cache as something may be corrupt.

If you're unable to duplicate, do you know of anything else you done that turn? Possibly with the reports in the room with the stock stuff?

Thanks for the logs/files. I will keep an eye out to see if I can get it to pop up. (Also is this save game from after or before the crash? Were there more than 1 AI company in the stock system when you tried to merge? If there was, could you provide the auto-save before the crash? As there may have been something wrong with the other company you merged with.)
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
I will see if I can recreate it tonight (I'm thinking).

The save game file was the one I found after the game crashed. I believe it happened twice (at least) very near to each other in play time.

Only one AI company was present in the stock market at the time.

OK, update from a test run.

I loaded the autosave and purchased some shares in the AI company. I then decided to attempt a consolidation merger. It succeeded.

In the prior save game, I believe I had accrued additional shares in the target company over multiple turns before the consolidation merger attempt.

Anywho, attached is a savegame from immediately after the merger (Not sure if this is useful or not, but it might????)

Attached Files
.zip   Autosave_1202 USA 1930.db.zip (Size: 1.61 MB / Downloads: 385)
.zip   1202 USA 1930.db.zip (Size: 1.39 MB / Downloads: 417)