Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stock Market Multiple bugs Report
First of all, hi there! It's been a while since my last bug report ;-)

I've been testing 1.20 lately and found out that the stock market may be corrupted in some way

I play Hard mode, with 100+ companies. Game started in 1900, and I experienced no problem until 1920's...

It started when I started buying competitors to enlarge my vehicule sales drastically ;-)

First of all, I created a WOS with a company I recently bought. Its market cap was around 1 B$. Once I realeased it as WOS, its market cap was around 8 Billions$. That being said, the stock would eventually continue to drop until it reaches 200-300 millions. I would have been allowed to sell shares of it for some free billions but instead re-bought it for like 15$, then re-created WOS to cancel the problem.

The second, and more annoying bug I found was related to own shares. I probably broke the code while buying another company that probably owned some shares of my stock, but this I am not sure. As a result of it, when I go to the holdings buttons, it shows me Diamond Cars (my comp) twice. It indicates twice the same informations, and when I sell shares from one, it also has effect on the other! I tried to go through the problem by using merger, but it gave the same result. I was not able to restructure as the button seems to have no effect also... So I now own 80% of my shares, and when I click the shareholders buttons, it shows me: "Diamond Cars: 18,7%". Meaning the only shareholder of my company except me is me... Impossible to cancel this, I'm stuck in stock ;-)

And last but not least, once this happened, now I sometimes have twice the same logo in the holdings. Mine is ALWAYS there twice, but I mean other companies too. This happens sometimes but not always. That being said, it happens only when I become the "Owner" of the most shares (51%+).

To finish, I saw on another thread from 1.19 that Stock Market Bug was FIXED for 1.20 but it's not. Even when I sell of the shares I own from a company, when I go back to the holdings panel, it stills shows me 3% of this, 9% of that etc... I am not sure this is the same problem than before as I keep buying companies, so maybe the owned this prior to the buy-out, but some companies always go back to this holdings panel as I own 0% of them (a few thousand shares usually)...

I am so sorry this post is that long, but as I like and play the game since 3 years already, and as I always play hard on SM, I hope this can help ;-)

Keep up the good work Eric! Many thanks and BR!
"I build the cars I like. If people wished to buy them, well, that could possibly be arranged." E. BUGATTI
All bugs in this thread should be taken care of for v1.20.3

Thanks again!
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski