Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Better contracts & And a possible rating
So while going through your interesting but predicable contracts. That pop up... I noticed there some consistencies that I found boring.

They ask for a certain displacement, certain cargo (which is understanble), and certain horsepower.

However I think it would be more realistic. To ask for specific and more varied stats and/or requirments.

The military (and civilian contracts) may want a vehicle to be a certain size/weight (overall).
Certain amount of ride clearance.
Dependabilty, or safety rating.

Even adding more specifics like Towing capability or 0-60 times would be believable. Even though a truck only capable of towing 22lbs that passes the requirements for the military is feasable I doubt its what the military would really want IRL.

Also a more varied MPG requirement would be nice... I mean the HMMV has a MPG rating of just 12 mpgs or lower.

Which brings me to 2nd suggestion "Off road capability" as something that is rate-able. As it's something that has been asked for in the past. It could be an important stat for Pickups and SUVs (Also Rally races would be hosted).

Basically off road capability would be based on...
Chassis Strength.
Torque.
Power/weight.
Ride height (influenced by chassis height and tire size).
And drive train (with FF/FWD being the stronger of the drivetrains)

Rally races would be influenced by:
Driver skill!!
Acceleration
handling/Drivetrain (for dirt rallies)
Ride height
and the top speed slightly.
(08-02-2016, 01:46 PM)Unavailableartist Wrote: So while going through your interesting but predicable contracts. That pop up... I noticed there some consistencies that I found boring.

They ask for a certain displacement, certain cargo (which is understanble), and certain horsepower.
The contracting system will be rewritten in v1.23. We'll be implementing many new stats and tools to help you design stuff for contracts. Also with the replacement of the reports system, it'll be much easier to relay the information about what is needed to you.

Quote:Certain amount of ride clearance.
Clearance isn't calculated in the game, nor will it probably be.

Quote:Dependabilty, or safety rating.
These are already taken into account when the customer is choosing which vehicle/engine to approve.

Quote:Which brings me to 2nd suggestion "Off road capability" as something that is rate-able. As it's something that has been asked for in the past. It could be an important stat for Pickups and SUVs (Also Rally races would be hosted).
Currently we use Chassis Strength, torque, and power ratings as a substitute. As for adding a new rating specifically, it won't happen in base GearCity. As the designers are considered stat complete. If we work on GC after full release, it could possibly make its way into there, along with emissions ratings (which is quite a bit more important than off-road use.)
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Quote:Clearance isn't calculated in the game, nor will it probably be
Quote: currently we use Chassis Strength, torque, and power ratings as a substitute.

This is understanble... as is it is looking like a tidy bit of code, and you are the artist so to speak.

I was thinking that this would tie those stats up into a tidy scale thing for people look at and see as a rating it simplyfies the game particularly if they have been make an all terrain vehicle.

A car may handle like a dream on the road... have a sturdy chassis and good power. But you and I, we both know stuff like ground clearance plays a huge role (also, while chassis height is important it does little for strenght structurally).

Quote:If we work on GC after full release, it could possibly make its way into there, along with emissions ratings (which is quite a bit more important than off-road use.

To the individual, not really, as it's mostly laws and regs that gorvern this. But people do actively shop for vehicles that fit into the offroad role, particularly in rural areas.

But emissions regs would also be an interest bit to play around with.

In any case it is my goal to help you make a better game with these posts. If you don't implement these ideas until sequal Gearcity then Ill be just as happy. Smile