Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"View Prototype Panel Glitches"
[

Not sure if this is a bug but:
The cargo ratings not even close to the finished product. I noticed when I've been trying to design for a contract, that the cargo size you get for a vehicle is grossly underestimated.

When you make a really small chassis and it predicts a cargo limit of 5 ft^3 it's actually 20~ for a sedan, 30~ for a truck. This makes it hard to design an adequate chassis for contracts.

When picking an engine only 1 or 2 show up, 3 maximum .
I often make 2 or 3 sets of blue prints to compare stat wise, when I predict a model. As I don't always know which engine will better a V, Flat... etc. They all have different sizes and different part requirements etc. So I try to make sets to compare. When I do so, and I make more than 3 engines, not all of them show up. Usually it's only 2nd, 3rd and 4th engine I've made. Not the 1st (which I made for the race car) or the 5th which I made to test out.

This bug is new to 1.20.1, it's not game breaking at but...
When I first click on the select engine it'll say "I don't have an engine that fits the chassis" despite it being a generic chasis. This problem seems to fix itself when you click on the "View Prototype button".

This concludes all of the View Protoptype glitches I've noticed.
(08-02-2016, 11:56 AM)Unavailableartist Wrote: Not sure if this is a bug but:
The cargo ratings not even close to the finished product. I noticed when I've been trying to design for a contract, that the cargo size you get for a vehicle is grossly underestimated.

When you make a really small chassis and it predicts a cargo limit of 5 ft^3 it's actually 20~ for a sedan, 30~ for a truck. This makes it hard to design an adequate chassis for contracts.

This is due to the fact that it calculates for the bare minimum size of a vehicle that can be made for with the chassis. Thus the "Minimum Width" "Minimum Length" labels for vehicle width and length. The game can not predict what body you're going to choose nor how you will modify it.

Thus the cargo volume generated by the prototype should be viewed as the bare minimum. Depending on how you design the vehicle body, you can greatly increase the amount of volume a vehicle can store.

In the future we may implement body selection after we implement premade bodies. This will give you a more accurate picture of the stats generated from a prototype.

Quote: When picking an engine only 1 or 2 show up, 3 maximum .
I often make 2 or 3 sets of blue prints to compare stat wise, when I predict a model. As I don't always know which engine will better a V, Flat... etc. They all have different sizes and different part requirements etc. So I try to make sets to compare. When I do so, and I make more than 3 engines, not all of them show up. Usually it's only 2nd, 3rd and 4th engine I've made. Not the 1st (which I made for the race car) or the 5th which I made to test out.
The engines should be limited based on if they fit in the chassis you have selected.

Quote: This bug is new to 1.20.1, it's not game breaking at but...
When I first click on the select engine it'll say "I don't have an engine that fits the chassis" despite it being a generic chasis. This problem seems to fix itself when you click on the "View Prototype button".

Same issue as above, however since there is no chassis generated the size seems to be zero.
I've made a ticket for both of these issues, as it seems the generic chassis doesn't generate for the engine. (Everything is designed to go CEG, and not ECG as some folks like to do.)
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Quote:The engines should be limited based on if they fit in the chassis you have selected.

I'll take a look to make sure this is the case with a new game tomorrow. To confirm this.

The last bug wasn't consistent... So I'm not sure if I can replicate the exact conditions.
This looks to be the case with this issue. The Generic chassis only fits with a select number of engines not all of them... at least the chasis specs it generates. This is a problem when it comes to trying predict a model with while developing a gear. You have to either pick a chassis you already have made or or delete engines to get the one you want. I actually go EGC... I tend to go more Ferrari and when designing for specific power amount or for sheer performance I find design a chassis around the engine/gear seems to work better. Sometimes FR works better sometimes it's RR, it all depends on how much the chassis has to grow length wise (but you know this, you made the game Wink ) However if you're making a budget lux car, or eco car... I can see why people would go CEG or CGE

When I fix the chassis size it allows different engines to be selected... silly me red face. Thanks for telling me this.
I believe I have fixed this issue, although, now 'generic' made chassis in prototyping will allow most engines under 200 inches without effecting other stats.
If you select your own chassis then, it'll use the real chassis' supported engine size.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski