Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bug (?) Marques
Sorry again to bother you with a 2nd consecutive thread but I think there is a possible bug. Year 12/1916, I have changed logos and names with the real ones so I have just acquired Cadillac which had owned Buick, Skoda, Oldsmobile, Dodge and now I own them all. Buick (acquired by Cadillac on 6/1915) had for some time owned Alfa Romeo and according to the news on 11/1913 spun off the marque. The problem is that now I have the factory of Milan, a property of Alfa Romeo, I can sell a model of Alfa Romeo but I don't own the marque! (which I shouldn't anyway and it is not present at the stock market). Is there a logical explanation I miss or it is indeed a bug? Thank you
Edit: I hope to make the right decision at not creating a 3rd thread but there is another rather certain bug. Three of the marques I acquired they were shareholders of Renault. Now my marque is written three times as different shareholder of Renault (the same happens at every stock memo I receive) and as far as I can see the number of shares are not summed up.
Sorry for the late reply, don't worry about making multiple threads.

Which version of the game are you playing? V1.20 or v1.20.1? Could you upload the save game here so I can take a look.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
I am playing version 1.20.I send you one save before take over (cadillac) and one after (after step 1), thank you.
Edit: Could you please also take a look at the shipping distance function through districts? If you use the shipping limit through the districts then in Mega Menu shows as shipping distance for any branch the max distance possible (20000km) and not the actual one, creating big confusion (I had to write down any demand and verify if shipping distance was implemented right). I don't know if this started from day one or at a later point of the game, thank you.

.rar   Saves.rar (Size: 3.57 MB / Downloads: 401)
It'll be a couple of days. As I am away from my main work machine and I am unable to debug v1.20 saves with my laptop.
That being said, I do believe the first bug was resolved in the v1.20.1 patch. But I will post more details in the middle of next week when I get to look at it.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
Ok I finally got around to looking at your save games.

In 2/1913, Buick and Alfa merged together.
Then in 11/1913 Buick, the parent company was going bankrupt, so they spun off Alfa as its own company. In order to stay afloat.
On 5/1915 Buick is bought by Cadillac.
Finally you purchase Cadillac. Thus how you got some Alfa models (that were designed during Buick's ownership of Alfa...)

Some changes were made to shipping distance stuff in v1.20.1

Note trademark holders, player modified his own game, these are not the names of the companies included in the game.
Thank you Eric for this and the other answers. I understand why there are traces of Alfa Romeo through my acquisition what I don't understand are 2 things. Alfa Romeo had its HQ in Milan and I own a factory in Milan which is (was) property of Alfa Romeo, shouldn't this be transferred to Alfa Romeo during the spun Off or become property of Buick? Since the Alfa Romeo is not a company of mine shouldn't be more appropriate its model(s) to be discontinued and not active? It would be even more realistic if I could sell it after I modify it and link it with one of my marques or even better an automatic link with the parent company (Buick) and a reference (in parenthesis) of the ex owner company (Alfa Romeo). Now it looks like Alfa Romeo is somehow still part of Buick.
Well spinning off a company doesn't mean the factories automatically go with the spun off companies. In this case Buick chose not to give Alfa the factories (I think in most case this is how the AI will do it.)

As for ownership of the factory, you are correct. The creator ID should probably be changed to the parent company if the old company is spun off.

As for old models, I don't remember if we default player spin offs to automatically go with the spun off companies. I believe they do. So if that's the case then this would be a bug. Discontinuing, and name change are not an option.