Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AI Factory Upgrade
Sorry if it has been already mentioned but I found out that AI competition is constructing a big number of factories with 3-4 lines of production without any attempt of upgrading the existing ones. I don't know if there will be a second stage of upgrades but I think that an AI adjustment is necessary. Having 12-16 factories each competitor (1917) is not very...logical. I also achieved my first take over and I found out that all branches are of very low quality which probably affects their sales remarkably. The factories and branches were property of four different marques.
It has been noticed by me, however the next round of AI optimizations are not until around v1.25. As work on the AI takes a good amount of time and I tend to get a lot of people bugging me for updates (or leaving bad reviews) if I take that time to do AI optimizations. (Specially since it's not something you see, unless you look very hard.)
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
I understand...looking at the AI.xml I saw a skill section which looks like you can adjust the competitiveness of the AI companies in different sections (in other words a solution to the problem I described), is this true, could these values be a solution to what I described (e.g increase "manufacturing" will they start upgrading or will they start creating even more factories)? If I change these values will they have any impact on the game or do they exist for the moment thinking on a future implementation? If they are already functional the range is from 1-100? Thank you.
Sorry for the late reply,

(07-29-2016, 05:24 AM)mistreated Wrote: I understand...looking at the AI.xml I saw a skill section which looks like you can adjust the competitiveness of the AI companies in different sections (in other words a solution to the problem I described), is this true, could these values be a solution to what I described (e.g increase "manufacturing" will they start upgrading or will they start creating even more factories)? If I change these values will they have any impact on the game or do they exist for the moment thinking on a future implementation? If they are already functional the range is from 1-100? Thank you.

In some respects these values are implemented, in others they're not quite as strong as they should be. You are correct they run between 1-100 in most cases. In v1.22 we'll be implementing both mod tools and a wiki describing what each of these variables do.

I don't believe altering these will fix the issues you're seeing with the AI. As I believe updating is currently disabled with the AI. They just build out. Small when they're small companies and in early game years, and much larger in later game years.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski