Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Magnetorheological Suspension
Just a small suggestion. As far as I know magnetorheological suspension is not a different type of suspension but rather an absorber evolution which can be implemented at any suspension with Absorbers (McPherson, Multilink etc)
So I believe that in game should not be a separate suspension but rather an addon as overdrive and trans axle are for the gearboxes. By the way is it possible to do it by modifying the components.xml according to the gearboxes addons or not? (Hmm I already found a problem to my second question, I don't thing there is a way of limiting its use to the "classic" suspension types)
While technically you are correct, Magnetorheological suspension is a type of dampener fluid used in conjunction with a suspension layout. It is rare enough and commonly referred to as a "Magnetically Controlled Suspension System" rather than "Multilink suspension with Magnethorheological fluid." There is also a little more to a magnetorheological system than just the fluid.

As such it is given it's own suspension slot in vanilla GC files.

We won't be adding another category such as the "addons" for the gearboxes. For the most part, RnD is feature complete unless we end up doing an expansion to the game.

However, mod tools do come out in version 1.22. One could simply split magnetorheological into multiple forms of suspensions using the tools (rather easily might I add.) You could simply make 'Magnetorheological Wishbone' and 'Magnetorheological Multilink' and effectively do the same thing. Wink
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski