Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stock Questions
Why do some of my marque have a negative value when I go to sell them in the holdings menu? For example: TuTu has a value of $-1.8 Billion. Does that mean I would owe that money to the buyer if I went through with the deal? Even after I have paid off their bonds prematurely? Do those negative values affect my value as a company even though I am 100% private?

I use the IPO menu to find out my value as a company it was at $587 billion, I don't know how else to get a metric of that. I spent about $1.2 trillion to buy Mazudah, and they had about $380 billion in debt. After
I purchased them, discontinued the brand, paid off the bonds and restarted it, my value was only $30 billion. Is it a bad decision to buy failing companies and gut them for their factories?

What are outstanding shares, why do they typically appear when I create a wholly owned subsidiary?
(06-15-2016, 12:07 PM)Waffles Wrote: Why do some of my marque have a negative value when I go to sell them in the holdings menu?
You shouldn't be able to see your 'Marques' in 'Holdings.' Do you mean you see negative values for companies which you own shares of? Or Do you mean when you go to sell a Marque it has a negative value?

Quote:For example: TuTu has a value of $-1.8 Billion. Does that mean I would owe that money to the buyer if I went through with the deal? Even after I have paid off their bonds prematurely? Do those negative values affect my value as a company even though I am 100% private?
Means it is a bug, please upload or email me the save game.

Quote:I use the IPO menu to find out my value as a company it was at $587 billion, I don't know how else to get a metric of that.
There is no metric for how much your company is worth when it is private. (We'll be getting some reports that will show your equity in the future.) IPO is not exactly a good metric for how much your company since 1) it doesn't take into account your entire company, just the number of shares you issue. And 2) it's an inflated amount since the goal of an IPO is to raise as much money as possible. If the stock market is doing well your IPO will be even higher.

Quote: I spent about $1.2 trillion to buy Mazudah, and they had about $380 billion in debt. After
I purchased them, discontinued the brand, paid off the bonds and restarted it, my value was only $30 billion. Is it a bad decision to buy failing companies and gut them for their factories?

You spent $1.2t cash for how much equity? Let's say $200b. That means you over paid Mazudah shareholders $1.2 Trillion for $200billion worth of stuff. On top of this you discontinued the marque. So throw away the value of the brand. You also spent cash paying off their debts, although this should be negligible since you'll gain back that much equity. Plus if you try to value your company via IPO it will be incorrect.

Of course I'm pulling these numbers out of the air. The equity could have been negative. But that gives you a sort of overview of what you did.

Quote:What are outstanding shares, why do they typically appear when I create a wholly owned subsidiary?

Anytime you own a company, you own "shares" Be it 1 share out of 1 (like my ownership of VENT) or 10 million shares out of 10 million. Wholly owned subsidiaries get the same number of shares you have of your company. They pay dividend on these shares. Which you own all of them. This also allows you to sell off shares of the company if you wish to no longer own them.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski