Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UI Streamlining & Auto Command Ideas
Automotive Superlatives:

Best Braking Category
Best Cargo Capacity

We get to see lots of stats on our cars through the magazine, I was hoping that there's still enough space for these two stats.

MPH Units for speed (if possible)

The stats appear as MPH in the RnD Department and other places, but not in the model comparison or the Automotive Superlatives area.

Auto Commands:

"Upgrade All" button for factories

If the player has the funds available, they should be able to upgrade all factories available for upgrade through the auto command menu.

"Replace Model" also replaces the cars in the race setup menu

I don't know if this is already a feature or not, it seems it was in the older versions. Just another time saving feature, the idea is to be able to replace the production and sales of your old model with the new one, and with this idea: also your race team's model.
(06-08-2016, 12:38 PM)Waffles Wrote: Automotive Superlatives:

Best Braking Category
Best Cargo Capacity

We get to see lots of stats on our cars through the magazine, I was hoping that there's still enough space for these two stats.

MPH Units for speed (if possible)

The stats appear as MPH in the RnD Department and other places, but not in the model comparison or the Automotive Superlatives area.

The magazine system will probably be getting a redesign in v1.21 so the entire system will change.

Also we plan on implementing a method for you to switch between SAE and Metric units. I believe this is marked for v1.24? But I don't quite remember.

Quote:Auto Commands:

"Upgrade All" button for factories

If the player has the funds available, they should be able to upgrade all factories available for upgrade through the auto command menu.

Autocommands will also be trimmed in v1.21. I don't believe we'll be adding an "Upgrade All" since this functionality is fairly easy to do using the districting system.

Quote:"Replace Model" also replaces the cars in the race setup menu
The problem is if the new vehicle does not meet the requirement of the previous vehicle. But in any event I will make a note of it to look into it. Maybe one specific for race cars?
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Nice, looking forward to those changes. Any chance you would be able to change it so that the "Stop Selling" command widow in Auto Commands stays open like the "Replace Model" window? It would be help for when you buy a company and want to stop selling their models.

Edit: Also thanks for telling me about districts, didn't really what I could actually accomplish with the All-in-one, I was doing a lot of unnecessary work Smile
(06-13-2016, 05:11 PM)Waffles Wrote: Nice, looking forward to those changes. Any chance you would be able to change it so that the "Stop Selling" command widow in Auto Commands stays open like the "Replace Model" window? It would be help for when you buy a company and want to stop selling their models.
Every part of the Auto Commands will probably be retouched in v1.21. So yes, that will probably be improved.

As for discontinuing parts/vehicles made by a company, you can now do this in the Marque section in the stock menu. I don't have the game in front of me right now, but it's in there.
Also I believe another way to stop selling everywhere is simply set the price to zero then apply to all. Wink (Although I might be wrong on this one and getting it confused with production.)
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
Yes, you are able to stop selling models from companies you bought by going to the marque and discontinuing it. However, you lose the ability to resell the company. I like to buy a company, discontinue all of its models, take the factories and branches, and then resell the company to whomever bids on it. It's nothing more than a convenience to have the window stay open in the Auto Command section, it's really only one more click. The problem is if you buy a company that has like thirty models!
Discontinue the marque. Then Restore it. You should be able to spin it off now.
Excellent, thank you Eric.
(06-14-2016, 05:43 PM)Waffles Wrote: I like to buy a company, discontinue all of its models, take the factories and branches, and then resell the company to whomever bids on it.
Just out of couriosity, why would you want to do this?

It does not make sense. Since you have the money to buy out a competing brand, you should not need the small change you get from selling it.

And selling it means you get them back as competetiton again, and lessen your market share.

Buy them, gut them and either use the marqe yourself or discontinue it. This will lessen the competition, and increase your market share.

Another useful thing you can do, is to redesign their designs. If they have car types you do not yet produce.

Ex. They have a Luxury Sedan and you have yet to design one ourself. Redesign it, keep the frame (the AI generally have good frames in the early years, it just suck at size and weight for the intended class sometimes eg. big and heavy for performance cars), but use our own engine and gearbox. Voila fast and inexpesive way to get a decent design into a new market segment.